Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bought a new table saw .

Hello Everyone ,

Well i got rid of the Durden Pacemaker and bought this the other day to replce it.

Does anyone have a manual for one of these ? Wadkin Bursgreen Panel Saw

Wadkin Bursgreen Panel Saw, with extension table, overall table length 2.8 m, cutting width 1.5 m. 3 phase motor, 350mm diameter angling blade.

I pick it up this coming week so will see what it goes like . ment to have had little use over the past 15years. Owned by the one company .

Any one got any information or opinions on them ?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

and this pic

Its a Wadkin BGP I think. have some paperwork for mine somewhere will have a look for it.
    It is a fantastic saw I love mine but it need a little work to improve accuracy but if your is in better condition it might be fine the way it is.
    Only advice I would give is dont try to pick it up they are very heavy
    something like 700kg with all the tables etc attached.

Rgds

Ross
    Ross
    "All government in essence," says Emerson, "is tyranny." It matters not whether it is government by divine right or majority rule. In every instance its aim is the absolute subordination of the individual.

Yes that is the same saw by the looks of it. The original owner has told me it has had very little use in the past 15 years. hopefully it if in pretty good nick

Would love a copy of any manual etc you can find?

Dad and I had one when we worked together. Fantastic saw, we used it every day for cutting material, I know you will be really happy with it. Unfortunately since he has had it for 20+ years there is no manual (but then we never needed it, only had to change a couple of belts once in that time)
    Have a nice day - Cheers

Default Wadkin Saw

I know they have a good reputation.
    Great buy!!

Hello i am still looking for a manual for this toy . any one able to help ?

That is a beautiful, beautiful saw. Unfortunately I don't have 3 phase power. Hope you find the manual somewhere.
    1st in Woodwork (1961)

You dont need three phase when you brother inlaw is a sparky and will change the motor over to single phase and rewire for you i currently have three hase but when i move soon i wont

... change the motor over to single phase and rewire
    You can also use a rotary phase converter (or a static phase converter) to run 3 phase tools from single phase (or split phase as is my case).
    Cheers.

Vernon.

Well went and picked my saw up from the truck yard yesterday now i just gotta figure out how to get it off the trailer

Looks great apart from a few cracks in the cast sliding bench which have been welded back together. the repairs look quite sound. Just annoyed that the seller neglected to mention the fact that it had previously been damaged.

Still a great saw tho for the money i payed for it ($840)

cant wait to set it up but again still gotta get it off the trailer. I am going to approach a mate who is an auto wrecker and see if he will bring his fork lift over on the tilt tray

Quote Originally Posted by swiftden View Post
    Hello i am still looking for a manual for this toy . any one able to help ?
    Mate I had a look for it but I can find no sign of it. In fact I got if from Wadkin. They dont make this kind of equipment but some nice guy there found it in the archives scanned and emailed it to me.
    Actually just found the email so if you want it PM me with your email address and its yours

Ross
    Ross
    "All government in essence," says Emerson, "is tyranny." It matters not whether it is government by divine right or majority rule. In every instance its aim is the absolute subordination of the individual.

Thanks for the offer mate i will take you up on it.

I ordered a tin of silver glide from Carbatec today so hopefully it comes in the next couple of days and i can clean the table top. it has surface rust. I also need to do the lathe bed, bandsaw and drill press.

Got slack and forgot to cover them with their sheets. gotta hate condensation

The saw is now on the shed floor.

I am looking to design some sort of wheel base for it that does not raise the height of the saw. I want to be able to wind the wheel down for transport and then retract them so the saw sits on the ground for use. Has anyone done it and got some pictures?

Looks a great saw. congratulations on your purchase and good luck with it.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by swiftden View Post
    Thanks for the offer mate i will take you up on it.

I ordered a tin of silver glide from Carbatec today so hopefully it comes in the next couple of days and i can clean the table top. it has surface rust. I also need to do the lathe bed, bandsaw and drill press.

Got slack and forgot to cover them with their sheets. gotta hate condensation

The saw is now on the shed floor.

I am looking to design some sort of wheel base for it that does not raise the height of the saw. I want to be able to wind the wheel down for transport and then retract them so the saw sits on the ground for use. Has anyone done it and got some pictures?
    I cleaned the surface rust off mine and other machines with Kero and a rotating bronze brush chucked in a drill then clean it up and wax it all.

Ross
    Ross

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast