Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This exlusive deal with Bunnings isn't an experiment BTW. Ryobi have had the same deal going for several years with Home Depot in the United States, so Ryobi knows exactly what it is doing - probably more so than Bunnings does.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Melbourne Outer East right next to mount dande

just another reason why i dont bother going to bunnings any more
    quality tools just arent there
    timber prices are ridiculous

they stock mainly for the weekend round the house odd jobber, cheap tools a fair range of fasteners and fittings and plenty stuff for the garden

while dad tools up to fix the broken batroom cupboard with throwaway tools and crappy hardware, mum buys a few plants and other oddments for the garden and the house

its all about odd jobs home improvement and gardening - the serious workshopper shouldnt be bleeding over this -

get over it go to the tool shops where they still sell good tools
    ray c
    dunno what's more fun, buyin' the tools or usin' em'

old-picker, I second that

Quote Originally Posted by Batpig View Post
    Dear Want2Learn,

and we got onto the subject of DeWalt service. He reckons that they've had to shelve a couple of expensive DeWalt Drills at his work, and now a Riveter of some sort, because spare parts are just nowhere to be found for them. That would make for a lot of cheesed-off Tradies out there, wouldn't it?
    Batpig.
    Hi Batpig,
    FYI

<TABLE class=serviceagents_table id=dealerTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 summary="Where to buy" celspacing="0" celpadding="0"><TBODY><TR class=name_light><TD class=name_light></TD><TD>DeWalt Service Center
    4/605 Kingsford Smith Dr
    HAMILTON
    QLD

Phone: 1800 654 155
    </TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I have always found parts readily available, they also sell new and reconditioned tools from Dewalt and Black and Decker.
    Your brother should give them a try as they are in "Northern Brisbania"

Thanks Felixe,

I'll run that address by him if I see him this weekend, and e-mail it to him next week if I don't. The trouble with a lot of technical outfits such as where he works nowadays is that they've got so much work on that decisions end up getting made pretty quickly when the tool is needed, and once they're made (such as a new drill being bought) they're seldom revisisted (such as "Let's try to fix up those old drills again..."). He's got one of those Swiss-made Bosch "Greenies" (nice drill though) for himself at home, so maybe I can talk him into trying to resurrect one of the DeWalts for himself (unless they're both Rotary Hammers, in which case it would be hard for him to see much use in owning such a thing when he could always just borrow one from work). We'll see what happens...

Thanks again and Best Wishes,
    Batpig.

Default service dept

Has anyone found someone they can buy ryobi parts from direct, i need a ignition kitt for a whipper snipper out of warranty and to get the thing fixed is around the same cost as a new one. all i need is the part. And yes its bunnings

Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    Has anyone found someone they can buy ryobi parts from direct, i need a ignition kitt for a whipper snipper out of warranty and to get the thing fixed is around the same cost as a new one. all i need is the part. And yes its bunnings
    I recently ordered a Ryobi spare part thru Bunnings "Special Orders Dept" which came from Japan due to no stock held in Oz. The order took 3 months to arrive and cost slightly less than a third the price quoted by the local Ryobi Service Agent, who is a "real" tool shop. Try them, ask for a price.

Well if Ryobi start making their tools like they did 10 years ago i'm a happy chappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Well if Ryobi start making their tools like they did 10 years ago i'm a happy chappy.
    GMC was already doing it quality wise before they folded and at a cheaper price point. I'm not holding my breath for ryobi power tools.

Ryobi are too dear for the quality (& lack of support) you get and you might as well go for a bosch green, low end mak or hitachi nor is the quality good enough to justify the prices over ozito and co. They are in limbo land as far as I'm concerned.

Out of curiosity I had a look at there new range of drills and it didn't take me long to re-affirm what I had already known. Junk. What I do like is the interchangeable batteries. More companies should head that way for their brands and keep it backwards compatible for 10+ years.

I wouldn't buy a Ryobi tool anymore. I've had several but they seem to die too early. Still got a Ryobi sander, but I just bought a Makita to replace it.

And on the subject of Bunnings, I'm getting less and less satisfaction out of attending. I'm starting to wonder why it's compulsory.
    Apart from the bad housekeeping -- stock all over the floor, shelf stock awry, prices missing, etc -- they don't seem to have much of a range.

Fortunately there are the great online shops -- my latest satisfying dealings have been with Lee Valley, Carbatec and McJing. Amazing service from them all.

Michael

"The training of the eyes to know when an edge is perfectly straight or a surface is flat, free from winding, and straight, is a very important part of a lad's training."

PS:
    Not sure if I dreamed this, it doesn't seem real.
    But with Lee valley, I confirmed the delivery address on a Tuesday morning and the stuff was delivered on Friday morning. From Canada.

And I forget which courier company they used but they were great too -- I had given a street address and the courier people rang on Friday to ask me the apartment number for the delivery.
    I work there so there was no apartment number, but how did they know that that address was an apartment building?
    Maybe there's some scary database somewhere, or maybe the despatcher is a genius and knows every building in town.

Either way, the whole transaction was very satisfying. (Considering that mostly it takes longer than that to get stuff from local suppliers.)

Michael

"The training of the eyes to know when an edge is perfectly straight or a surface is flat, free from winding, and straight, is a very important part of a lad's training."

Quote Originally Posted by mjmjm View Post
    And on the subject of Bunnings, I'm getting less and less satisfaction out of attending. I'm starting to wonder why it's compulsory.
    Apart from the bad housekeeping -- stock all over the floor, shelf stock awry, prices missing, etc -- they don't seem to have much of a range.
    Your experiences are like mine recently. I used to go in there because they had a decent range but as of late things are looking rather barren in the toolshop. I think most of their sales will come from ozito gear now because any of the other stuff is getting scarce selection wise and not really competitive anyway. Stock consilidation has it's advantages but for a massive chain like BigB I think it's actually bad for business despite what may seem an initial saving. I have a feeling that BigB's power tools range will mimmick the garbage range tha is present in BigW atm given 5-10 years. Back in the day they had a reasonable range as well but now I don't know why they bother.

I'm by no means a tool junkie expecting miracle gear but I'm finding more and more online toolshops (with a bricks and mortar presences anyway) to have prices of really good gear (hitachi, makita etc) equalling or close to BigB's midrange Ryobi junk.

And speaking of Ozito....
    I just took back a wet and dry grinder which lasted roughly 5 minutes.
    Then it fizzled and died.
    They replaced it of course, but I think I might be over Ozito now.
    I've got a few Ozito tools that are pretty good, but the last two things I've bought went smartly kaput.

Michael

Bunnings lost me after the did the number on GMC an Triton,

The warranty is a pain the bum for repairers who are told to order a $100 minimum of parts.

My wifes' employer is one of the larger Tool repair places in our city and he won't deal with them so Ryobi buyers with a warranty problem are left to have Bunnings and other retailers send their tools out of town as I understand the other repairers are also fed up with .

Where do the non Bunnings retailers stand in all this as far as repairs.I too see Ryobi as less of a potential choice in any tool purchase I need to make. Other brands are looking good at this moment.

Grahame

Default Online toolshops

They are not much better judging from my experience over the last month.Bought a Makita scroll saw from an online tool shop the saw was deliverd about two days later,put it to work, set it up after about ten miniutes of running it almost stopped,then sped up then almost stopped again.Unusable in its present form.Rang the company from whom I purchased it:
    "Yeah no problems, send it back and we'll send it to Makita,and we'll express courier it back to you so you are not without it for too long"
    I did this on the 11March,so they would have received it probably the 12th.
    I gave them a week to fix the problem and started ringing around the 19th
    "Yeah its back I''l ring you back in ten minutes to let you know whats going on"
    No reply.
    Following day, same deal,I ring "Yeah will ring you back in ten minutes"
    No reply.
    Following day, same deal, I ring: "Yeah its back from Makita I will ring you in ten minutes "
    By this time I'm getting off so next phone call is directed to Manager "Yeah the guy handling that is standing right next to me I'll ring you back in 5 minutes"
    No reply.
    Next day same deal "Hows is my scroll saw going?","Just a minute I'll ring you back with a con note number so you can track it"
    No reply.
    Next day speak to manager again "Yeah its not here must have been sent I'll ring you back in ten minutes"
    No reply.
    Next day sit down and compose letter to Dept Fair Trading outlining problems.
    Submit letter to Fair Trading.
    Thursday 2 April, I'm in Sydney my wife rings me:"Your saw just turned up at 9.30am"

I will never deal with this company again, absolutely hopeless, their phones must have black snakes wound around them.
    Service?Whats that?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast