Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Maybe this thread is part of a Bunnings marketing study
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by henlan77 View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, average Joe will continue to shop for tools at Bunnings long enough to increase demand for Ryobi products,
    God forbid! I have a nice Ryobi quarter-sheet sander (before I wised up) that I will send you free if you pay the postage. Great dust collection, it collects all over the shed.
    Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by montiee View Post
    I can personally attest that triton are crap. I won't purchase them again after my limited use of the router and it dieing after a couple of uses (literally). I took it out of the box to do some major work in renovating the house and it died in the ???? as soon as I turned it on.Too bad it was out of warranty.

I'll be sticking with Bosch or Makita from now on..Triton's rep is rubbish to me now and quite frankly I think it's over-rated.
    Hope you kept it - send it to me (I'll pay the postage), and I'll rid you of such a millstone.

I'll enjoy having another router.
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

As far as I'm concerned... Bunnings can stick their Ryobi's where the sun don't shine...
    Some years ago I bought a small Ryobi electric whipper snipper from Bunnings , which faied after a day & a half of use.
    After waiting THREE MONTHS for repair the word came back that the tool had "been abused" and therefore the warranty was invalidated. Great customer service, Bunnings!
    I haven't darkened a Bunnings doorway since, and won't in the future either: even if they're the last hardware store on earth.
    Plus you couldn't even pay me to use any more Ryobi rubbish.
    However, there's two salient and ironic points to be made here:
    (a) I own Bunnings shares (just a few); and
    (b) I personally spend about 2 or 3 grand a year on tools, and probably some 10 to 12 on hardware also.
    But I'll never forgive or forget poor and indifferent customer service. I'm replacing my AEG, Milwaukee, Atlas Copco, Kango and Eisenblaetter tools with non Ryobi-owned alternatives in future, and recommend others do the same. The customer is king, Ryobi and Bunnings: ignore us at your peril.
    Sycophant to nobody!

Has anybody else been to Mitre 10 lately...I went in this morning to get some liquid nails and with this thread in the back of my mind, I noticed that 90% of the tools on show are Ryobi...please please don't tell me that they have an exclusive deal with Mitre 10 as well.

I popped into Bunnings today to pick up a couple of things after viewing this thread. I had a look around the power tool section for bargains - there weren't any, but I did notice something unusual. In each of the power tool categories, they've put a "Clearance" sign and marked down by $1 GMC, B&D, Triton and in some cases DeWalt and Makita kit. The DeWalt and Makita weren't marked down in all categories though, and I didn't notice Bosch being marked down at all.

So there aren't any stunning bargains yet, but it does look like they are starting to clear out some stock, not to be replenished.

If you carefully read the ACC notifications you'll notice that Ryobi will be exclusively at Bunnings, although Bunnings are only getting rid of some products that compete with Ryobi.

I think they will get rid of the products that are at the Ryobi price range but keep some more expensive ones around... I guess we'll have to wait and see what actually happens.

Wouldn't surprise me. That and "Warrior" - the 'other' orange tools.

I have almost managed to upgrade all my workshop tools - there is only 1 Ryobi other there (a weed eater), and only a handful of GMC. (SCMS, dust extractor, air compressor and associated bits)

I'll upgrade the dust extractor soon, the air tools keep doing the energiser bunny, and the SCMS can keep going until it dies (or until I find myself with a Kapex and a metal eating blade to gnaw on the GMC).

Knowing there soon will be nothing worth getting in either Bunnings or Mitre 10 speeds up shopping - less places to have to go to check pricing! Also means not having to feel a pang in the wallet that I "could get this in Bunnies with 10% off" seeing as they won't have the same tool I'm looking at getting anyway.

Strange, this whole Bunnings/Mitre 10 thing doesn't bother me much anymore. I think it means I (rather than they) have moved on. Now I walk past the tool shop with hardly a thought of going in - knowing there is nothing in there of interest to me anymore.

I know I'm just a tiny fish in a massive sea, but every lost sale is a lost sale.
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Stuart. Like you, I am starting to rethink my buying habits especially the more expensive ones.

The problem is that with two Bunnings stores within 10 minutes of me in opposite direction means that depending what else i need in that area makes it more convenient for my supplies.

Although, I have put a ban on myself for impulse shopping unless it something that I have been looking for to solve a problem.

I like Carb Tec's marketing with its catalogue and I have been using them more and more because they are about sixty kms away and i can get the products delivered through my business carriers for about $7.

From my experience in business, there is always an alternative supplier, Bunnings will ignore that at its peril. Take the two major supermarkets who have had a free reign and run smaller supermarkets out of town by predator marketing.

However, when Aldi arrived in town\, we found we are able to save at least 25% of our grocery bill. OK the choice is not there, but generally the quality is, and once you know there product range, Their savings begin.

OK, they are a German company, but their policy is to support Australia'/s manufactures and farmers and I suspect at a far higher level then the Coles and Woolies.

The only time we go to the major supermarkets now is to get things that Aldi do not supply. Bunnings will fall into that category for me now to as soon as I can rethink my purchasing options. eg, For plumbing supplies I try to give the Big B the miss and use a local Plumbing trade supply centre, the prices are cheaper and the quality is generally better, plus they help to keep the BIg B honest.

Ryobi and Bunnings? Marriage made in heaven.

Strangely enough, I was thinking of giving the Ryobi 18volt system a go, seeing that their new Li-Ion battery packs fit the old Ni-Cd tools. Now - not a chance in hell - Bunnings couldn't organise a p**s-up in a brewery as far as support for tools goes.

I also think Ratbag's experience is becoming all too common now - keep stringing the customer along with 'warranty' for months, hopefully so he will be forced to buy another p.o.s. tool to keep going, then refuse to honour the warranty claim for some specious reason - 'abuse' 'industrial usage' etc. which they think it will be hard for the customer to disprove. It would not surprise me if they either just chucked the faulty tool in a skip (paperwork too much trouble) or stuck it in a box out the back in case you demanded the faulty tool back.

As I am now 'retired' I have the time to be a nasty customer - record the serial number of the tool, photos before it is taken back, demand return of original tool if warranty is refused, complaints to Dept. of Fair Trading, small debits claim for retail value of tool if not returned or returned in a damaged condition.

I wonder how may 'defective' tools are actually just striped for parts by the 'repairers'?

Retired at 53? Lucky bugger!

Stripping defective tools for spares? I'd be surprised there is anything that ends up at the tip!
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

The Mitre 10 super store near me has a sale on atm on all remaining Dewalt tools (good specials too), the tool shop man said there not selling any more Dewalt, yet the Mitre 10 store in Phillip island still has a big range, i also notice that they were more expensive than bunnings who are still expensive themselves.

Dear Want2Learn,

You'd figure it would be the other way around - that DeWalt would be bending over backwards to stay on M10 (and anyone elses) shelves. I think they probably would be around about now...

My guess is that the dealer in question might have decided that the service and backup for the brand was just too poor to justify the price being charged at purchase. I was having a chat to my brother on Sunday about the whole Bunnings-Ryobi thing, and what the implications were for the other brands, and we got onto the subject of DeWalt service. He reckons that they've had to shelve a couple of expensive DeWalt Drills at his work, and now a Riveter of some sort, because spare parts are just nowhere to be found for them. That would make for a lot of cheesed-off Tradies out there, wouldn't it? It would be easier to just stop selling the brand rather than to add to what would be a growing list of very disgruntled and perhaps-lost-forever customers at your shop...

Best Wishes,
    Batpig.

I was going to suggest that on Bunnings past performances the exclusive Ryobi deal would mean that Ryobi would produce a tool for Bunnings with enough variation to differentiate that tool from what is available outside the Bunnings chain.

The reason for this is Bunnings policy of a if you find a cheaper price Bunnings will beat it by 10%

Bunnings may just mean this exclusivity means is for a slight differientation from the normal.

That would make for a lot of cheesed-off Tradies out there, wouldn't it?
    Did some work with 2 tradies (chippies) that purchased their whole new kits (6 items) Makita and Dewalt on the internet from overseas. Theyve had enough of the market manipulation.

Some items such as levels I have purchased 30% cheaper than Bunnings.

They don't get a second chance visit to see if they can do better.

I have only one Ryobi power tool. I lent it the other day for first time use and the sparky said the RCD on the lead didn't work so he had to take it off and use a separate inline RCD.
    c2=a2+b2;
    When buildings made with lime are subjected to small movements thay are more likely to develop many fine cracks than the individual large cracks which occur in stiffer cement-bound buildings. Water penetration can dissolve the 'free' lime and transport it. As the water evaporates, this lime is deposited and begins to heal the cracks. This process is called autogenous healing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast