Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Paslode Gas Fixing Gun (angle) problem

Hi all,
    I am having a recurring problem with my Paslode angle Fixer. I keeps misfiring....or should I say not firing. It's not that old, and I have cleaned it as per instructions. I almost bought a new compressor and air gun today, out of sheer frustration. Feedback I've had from some other people has reinforced the feeling that this gun might be a bit of a dog. (the framer is good).
    Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how did your resolve it (if at all).
    I went back to the place I bought it and they said the gas might be a problem. I'm using paslode gas, which is within use by date (by a couple months only).
    Any suggestions before I put it in the spares box and buy an air gun.
    Thanks for help
    TM

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I dont know of a fix, but I know that this is a very common problem. Return it and get your money back IMHO.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Thats why I don't own one

i have onwed several of theses guns all i can say is keep it well cleaned and oiled
    i cant say any more its very important
    i was using my gun 4 hrs a day solid for years and i cleaned it everyweek never had any probs one or two crappy gas tubes but
    if you dont have any luck reurn it and get it looked at
    im now using dewalt battery gunand rate this as a stronger cheaper gun

Take it back and look at a dewalt 18v battery bradder. ive had one for ages and never missed a beat . will nail into wood my air max bradder wont even touch.

When I say not that old, I don't mean it's new. It's 2 years old and taking it back is not an option. I think the problem I had was a bad gas canister, as a newer one improves it, though it's far from perfect. I have picked up a hitachi air fixer, which is brilliant (after a solid day) so hopefully all will be well. The paslode will be my backup.
    Thanks for your advice.
    cheers
    TM

Can have issues with the cap on the gas cannister, a few blokes keep the old ones & switch them if there's hassles.

Is the battery OK? Not sure if this could cause firing problems.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

They are a frustrating piece of Sh#t that spend most of there time stuffing up... I don't own one but my offsider does so i might aswell say i do by default...
    The problems as you say are that it wont fire which is there main complaint..
    causes we have found
    1. reusing the top hat off the cartridge and finding its clogged
    2. out of date gas or not enough pressure
    3. A blocked tube from the cartridge to the inside of the gun ..its the tube you line it up to
    4. dirty gun
    5. plus many more things
    I find a thorough clean including the spark plug and entry tube usually gets it going but i also find it craps itself really quickly again..
    When we have a decent amount of nailing its left up to my paslode air ND gun which will happily belt in 2 boxes of ND's in an hour something a gas gun could only dream of with its girly little thermo fan

I am surprised they have sold so many of them they are virtually a DIY tool now

cheers utemad

Dont use after market gas if you have a paslode gun use only paslode gas. All cans have a useby date on the bottom of the can, Paslode did have a faulty batch of cans with crook valves so you may just need to lubricate the valve, this problem seems to occur as the weather gets cooler.
    I love Triton wetstone grinders they make my Tormek look soooooo soooooo good.

I have one and it works a treat but yes they can get a bit playful sometimes. I had a problem with mine for a while it would misfire a lot. Put plenty of oil around the sliding chamber and especialy down the drive pin/flat drive bar. If in doubt more oil. And yes all the coments above on gas apply. Good luck. Every builder I know has one or two and you don't see many of the other brands on building sites.
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!

dont even bother buying the angle bradder...tooooo many problems with them, you will only end up sending it back for repair..( nails keep jamming ) and they PASLODE will send it back saying we cant find any problem with it....this is the answer you will get until THE WARRANTY runs out....we ended up playing baseball with it...every builder i know who had bought one, has had nothing but problems save your hard earned $$$$$$ and get an air nailer....

PASLODE are a bad company to deal with,

we also have the framer.....3 1/2 years and runs like a charm.