Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does anyone know what this is??

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Nfi
    If you are never in over your head how do you know how tall you are?

looks lke some sort of specialized manifold for air conditioning or a vacuum/dust collection system. Without a scale & more detailed photos that is about as far as I can go.

Are the blanking plates visible thru the ports removeable or are they part of the underlying box? Or do they rotate?

Of course it could always be an apprentice's mistake.

It is an aircon duct with spigots for flexible duct and manual balancing dampers.

Tools

Default What is this?

It appears to be a section of 12" x 12" galvanized ductwork with four tab collars with volume dampers installed to regulate air flow. Usually found in central air conditioning systems. Many times, flex duct is attached and sent to various rooms where the diffusers are located.

What does the person who gets it right win?
    Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Honorary Bloke View Post
    What does the person who gets it right win?
    If we keep answering his/her questions maybe Acosti will send us all a part of his/her TAFE certificate? Maybe Acosti doesn't like reading or libraries or maybe the TAFE lecturers don't supply him/her with enough info to do his/her homework?

Seriously, Acosti, if WWF is really your only source of information you should be very careful in using what info you pick up on this site. Some of us are continually telling fibs.

A photo....
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

i know exactly what it is.

As stated above, the member asking the question is undertaking some sort of building studies course at tafe and therefore should work all of these types of problems out by himself.

This industry does not need any more people qualifying with degrees and certificates they can't possibly use because of the simple fact that they have no-idea.

Go to school and learn- don't bludge off others- eventually you'll come unstuck and someone else will have to foot the bill because your too lazy to work it out by yourself.

There should be a rule on these forums so they can't be used to facilitate cheating at school work
    If you dont play it, it's not an instrument!

But is he cheating or showing extraordinary research skills?

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

I know what the effing pic does if you click onit!!! IT SCREWS YOUR COMPUTER UP WITH POP UPS AND IT WON"T EVEN LET YOU SHUT DOWN OR RESTART!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossluck View Post
    But is he cheating or showing extraordinary research skills?

I dont like your point, but I'll accept that in the perverted course of crazy lazy wizdom- It kinda makes sense.

However a person showing extra ordinary reasearch skills might find a better/ authoritive site to secure factual information. This is after all an amature woodworking website.

I have no problem with using the internet for reasearch,
    My statement now would be, that if said question asker was to graduate his course and then be emplyed in a job. And his job required he find out what this was- could he do it, with certainty?

Would you trust him with your 65 million dollar project, to be built using amature website regulations? I dont think so.

This bloke needs to learn to find the correct information from the correct sources, and actually be accountable for his actions when he enters the workplace. More so, as any one else to give you the correct info, you must know how to fact check and re-check by your self. Otherwise you stand to lose a great deal of money.

"Some bloke on the internet told me to" is not a legal defence.
    If you dont play it, it's not an instrument!

Quote Originally Posted by bricks View Post
    I dont like your point, but I'll accept that in the perverted course of crazy lazy wizdom- It kinda makes sense.

However a person showing extra ordinary reasearch skills might find a better/ authoritive site to secure factual information. This is after all an amature woodworking website.

I have no problem with using the internet for reasearch,
    My statement now would be, that if said question asker was to graduate his course and then be emplyed in a job. And his job required he find out what this was- could he do it, with certainty?

Would you trust him with your 65 million dollar project, to be built using amature website regulations? I dont think so.

This bloke needs to learn to find the correct information from the correct sources, and actually be accountable for his actions when he enters the workplace. More so, as any one else to give you the correct info, you must know how to fact check and re-check by your self. Otherwise you stand to lose a great deal of money.

"Some bloke on the internet told me to" is not a legal defence.

LOL mate, listen, don't fret. I already know the regulations and information for my assignments. I'm just using some people's oppinions to supplement it. I'm a university student studying construction management and property at unsw. The reason i told u i was studying tafe, was just a quick answer to all your little cry's.

Quote Originally Posted by acosti View Post
    LOL mate, listen, don't fret. I already know the regulations and information for my assignments. I'm just using some people's oppinions to supplement it. I'm a university student studying construction management and property at unsw. The reason i told u i was studying tafe, was just a quick answer to all your little cry's.
    This doubly depressing as you verified what I said happens from time on this website - ie telling porkies. I am interested to know how you are referencing our answers in your assignments? "Bollocks from the WWF" would seem appropriate? If any uni student I teach was referencing someone like WWF in their assignments, I would immediately fail them in that assignment. Maybe I should email the HOD at construction management and property at unsw and let them what one of their students is up to?

Quote Originally Posted by acosti View Post
    I agree with the gist of what many posters have said. If you want to know what it is, and you want to LEARN something, then take your picture to a major building site, get permission from the project manager, and talk to the various subbies ON THE JOB. They'll be glad to help.

This "guess what this is" stuff is a nonsense, and so are the answers you are getting. So what are you going to us to supplement your assignment? "It's a picture?"

And as Christopha said, it sure isn't polite to say the least, to have a picture linked to spam popups! If you take as much care with your assignments as you do with those from whom you are seeking the answers, then maybe you'd better find some other job, cause construction management ain't for you!

Cheers,

P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast