Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Doors, internal - bulk buying

I need to buy about 20 Corinthian doors. Does anyone know a good way to go about buying them, builders packs maybe? Unfortunately the sizes vary:

1 - 2040 x 420 x 35mm
    6 - 2040 x 620 x 35mm
    4 - 2040 x 720 x 35mm
    9 - 2040 x 820 x 35mm
    1 - 2040 x 820 x 40mm solid core

I tried Robot Trading but their website doesn't list much at all .

Any others out there? eBay had nothing in Melb area I could find.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Greg, try emailing or faxing your list to a few businesses you know are retailers of Corinthian & ask for a trade quote on the lot.

Local hardware, timberyards, etc.

Are they all flush doors, or fancy ones?

Dunno about the 420...Narrowest stock size I've seen is a 520. / hmmm.../ Might not be available, or if so, could be a custom made & pretty dear. Might be better getting another 820 & cut it down to width yourself (bit of mucking around tho' gluing the stile back in. Ensure you don't cut the lockblock side... All bets are off if its a fancy jobbie like a 4 panel )

Dunno also about 40mm thick. More likely either 35 or 45 in the solid core I think.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks Sean, have only started looking today but was a bit surprised at how hard it was to find good info. Probably looking in the wrong places, I'll keep trying.

I needed 24 Standford doors for my current reno which Bunnings sells and I got them for $22.50 each as another hardware store here in Perth had them for $25 but not all sizes. The 10% rule with Bunnies is great. Shop around. The last house I did Doors Plus advertised them for $35 so bunnies again, at 10% less.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurepaul View Post
    I needed 24 Standford doors for my current reno which Bunnings sells and I got them for $22.50 each as another hardware store here in Perth had them for $25 but not all sizes. The 10% rule with Bunnies is great. Shop around. The last house I did Doors Plus advertised them for $35 so bunnies again, at 10% less.
    If you and bunnies keep doing that, you will surely help them eliminate the competition. Then they will no longer need to undercut other suppliers and you will have to pay whatever they ask ... all for $2.50 a door
    Cheers.

Vernon.

Not sure about buying them retail as at work we deal directly with Corinthian. I can confirm that 420 doors are available in most designs and the flush panel internal doors are 35mm thick.

I would suggest contacting them directly and they should be able to tell you who you can buy them through.

Dave

Groggy, is the door selection locked in? I got a good deal on a house lot of 2 exteriors and 16 interiors from Doors Plus last year. Interiors were various widths for rooms, double wardrobes, linen cpboard etc.

So far we have found that the doors are 35mm, do come in 420 if needed and the prices vary considerably.

Why is it that a two panel door costs nearly double a 4 panel door? It doesn't make sense. I have been quoted $36.30 each for 4-panel doors and $59 each for 2-panel doors

This is what we're after, a Corinthian "Balmoral" style (unpainted).

I would think that the price difference is due to volume of sales. The 4 panel (I assume you mean the Stanford) sells more than the Balmoral so they make them in larger volumes and thus can sell them more cheaply.

BTW I bought a Corinthian external door for my reno through Bunnings and paid 4 or 5 times what I would have had it been directly from Corinthian through work. I think that resellers must put a pretty big margin on doors.