Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Exclamation WANTED: HANDYMAN to fix-up an old King Single bed

Hi All!

Have been looking about for info to fix up an old King Single Bed that I bought recently on eBay as King Single but it's NOT (gggrrrrrrrrr).

So I have a head & foot and am looking for a handyman to make rails and fit it to the haed & foot with brackets. Oh, and some slats - but I could always buy those!!

The head & foot might need to be shortened a little, but have not decided on this. And really the whole thing will need to be sanded & painted too so that it all matches...

It's pretty straighforward job for someone who enjoys that kind of thing & has all the right tools.

I am working within a tight budget, so I will do this as a "Tender" - please send quotes by Private Message until midnight 20 May 2008.

Feel free to ask any questions - I can even upload some photos if that will help at all.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Yonnee is offline Trailer Bloke & Mild Mannered Moderator

Photo's would help. If the side rails are metal, then they could either be "cut and shut" and lengthened, or new angle iron with the old brackets welded on the end. If it were just adding in 6" or so either side, then it would be pretty cheap. But if there was more involved, you might even be better off re-selling the bed as is and looking for a 'real' king-single.

Yonnee.

And a more accurate location, as Melbourne is a pretty big town. If someone had to travel to pick up and drop off, that would certainly be a factor in the quote.
    Too many projects, so little time, even less money!
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds! Doing work around the home? Wander over to our sister site, Renovate Forum, for all your renovation queries.

Hi Libbyloo,

I'm also based in Melbourne, and currently inbetween jobs, this could work out well for both of us. I'd be happy to quote the work for you, but I'd really need to see the bed and discuss what you have in mind.

Buzer

Thanks for the responses.

I am in East Bentleigh. Here are some photos of the bed (courtesty of ebay): http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=200212665757

As far as I am concerned the rails & base are not usable. I would like the Head & Foot to have new brackets fitted with new side rails to hook up to them.

I have also considered just selling it and buying another King Single frame, but thought I would at least see how much it might cost to fix this up as I really like it!!

Thanks again for the replies, and keep the questions & suggestions comin'...