Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Youngin' Needs Help

My nearly 16 yo step son has decided that his best course of action in his future is to play truant!!

Year 10 and knows it all!!

He's done work experience with a plumber and loved it and they him, but unable to take on another apprentice.

He wants to work and an apprenticeship is his goal - just not sure how he is seeing his approach as a good one. Woodworking - cabinetmaking/carpentry/building also appeals to him.

Really need someone to take him on. Not a nice proposition really but we'll support him to get there and what ever it takes but this kid is in danger of slipping through the cracks to the aforementioned destiny. He needs to see life and his future in a real scenario and I have belief, given a chance, he can achieve it.

I think we have all been in similar situations of varying degrees, so just looking for someone to give him a go.

We are in Ormeau, Qld, he has family in Mt Gravatt Qld and Reservoir Melb but that might be hard for his mum.

Big SOS for a chance for this well brought up kid.

Anyone??

Jamie

PS If there is an opportunity for me to get into a position to provide quality turning and furniture restoration/construction services where I could take him under my wing well hey I'm up for it but I really believe he needs a figure outside his family to extract his future.

If anyone knows anyone
    Last edited by barnsey; 5th June 2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Fat fingers
    Perhaps it is better to be irresponsible and right, than to be responsible and wrong.
    Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement