Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default need help on a design and technology folio

hey im in year 11 and do design and tech n i need help answering the following questions for the folio on a wine rack

Application of Conclusion

Identification and Justification of Ideas and Resources

Evidence of the Testing of Design Solutions and

Use of Communication and Presentation Techniques

Project Realisation

Evidence and Application of Practical Skills

Consideration of the Practices in Industrial/ Commercial Settings as they relate to the Wine Rack

Evaluation

Record through Application of Evaluation Procedures throughout the Wine Rack

Analyse and Evaluation of Functional and Aesthetic Aspects of the Design

Final Evaluation of the Project with the Respect to the Project Proposal and the Project’s Impact on Society and the Environment

Relationship of the Final Product, System or Environment to the Project Proposal

any help would be appreciated thanks

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Edited after what I put below oops forgot sorry welcome aboard the forum.
    There is a special section for Technology Students or there was I just tried to locate the link on the forum but can't see it now

This is a tongue in cheek reply

No wonder we shortened it to WIP Work In Progress who ever wrote this for kids to understand must be Greek. Obviously they have no idea Australian law says everything must be in plane English.

Identification and Justification of Ideas and Resources What is it, Why you want it made that way and what with

Evidence of the Testing of Design Solutions and How you thought it out to make the flamin thing tested it so it wont break cause injury and everyone and anyone can use it

Use of Communication and Presentation Techniques How your going to show it orf announce you've made the sucker

Project Realisation I made it WHOOOOO HOOOOOO or OH CRAP it fell apart

Evidence and Application of Practical Skills What you learned on the way to finishing it

Consideration of the Practices in Industrial/ Commercial Settings as they relate to the Wine Rack Obviously not for the home hobbyst type got to think major manufacturer, These days send it OS to Asia cheaper to make. Obviously who's gonna use it home business

Evaluation So how'd ya think ya went

Record through Application of Evaluation Procedures throughout the Wine Rack Did ya draw it think it design it howdya put it together make it

Analyse and Evaluation of Functional and Aesthetic Aspects of the Design Will it look good and hold the grogg

Final Evaluation of the Project or thumbs down with the Respect to the Project Proposal and the Project’s Impact on Society and the Environment On society will it lead em to drink or just sit n look pretty end up in the bin cause it usless to big small and wont rot down after 50 years at the tip.

Relationship of the Final Product, Is it yours or someone else's System or Environment to the Project Proposal Where's the sucker at

Gee Luke,

At least you got the research done.

Of your research?

Identification and Justification of Ideas and Resources
    This is a table - it's the band six differention

Evidence of the Testing of Design Solutions and Application of Conclusion
    I think you should be able to do this, come up with a conclusion and show your teacher how you used the conclusion.

Use of Communication and Presentation Techniques
    ... no need to say anything here.

Project Realisation
    (= making the thing)

Evidence and Application of Practical Skills
    (prove in your folio that you thought about what you were doing and show it in your practical work.)

Consideration of the Practices in Industrial/ Commercial Settings as they relate to the Wine Rack
    (so, how would they make this in industry, and what difference is there between how they would make it, and how you did.)

Evaluation
    (ongoing throughout, I hope.)

Record through Application of Evaluation Procedures throughout the Wine Rack
    Analyse [Analysis?] and Evaluation of Functional and Aesthetic Aspects of the Design
    You need to tell your teacher how well the thing works and how well it looks.

Final Evaluation of the Project with the Respect to the Project Proposal and the Project’s Impact on Society and the Environment
    Once again, a no brainer - how well does the job meet the need. Impact on society and environment is a little tricky. How well do you think your design makes life easier, what positive and negative effect on the environment.

Relationship of the Final Product, System or Environment to the Project Proposal
    (see above.)

These are really questions that you should be asking your teacher, Luke. This smacks of an attempt to have others do your work - perhaps if you look at what you've asked, it doesn't ask for help with specifics, it asks for people to do everything as I read it.

Try http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au - look at the standards packages yr11 and 12.

Relate what you see in the folio to your project.

As well, http://www.boredofstudies.org used to have a D&T project folio proforma that may be of use.

Cheers,

eddie

any help would be appreciated thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post

Evidence of the Testing of Design Solutions and How you thought it out to make the flamin thing tested it so it wont break cause injury and everyone and anyone can use it
    I would have thought a major consideration here was/is:
    "would dad be game to put his prize bottles of plonk/grange in it?"

A major injury consideration would have been was there any damage to the shiraz?"

PS
    welcome to the forum (where were my manners)
    and good luck with the project

Quote Originally Posted by lukeclem1 View Post
    I though I could ask to get my home work answered on the internet by these ww dudes but all I got was a bunch of smart A$$ comments from a bunch of kill joys on WWF. Conclusion - you won't get your home work answered on this site. Application - try somewhere else.

40 years ago when someone else I know tried this he got 6 of the best across the back of the legs with a T-square by woodwork teacher (Mr Cruet - Busselton SHS 1967 GBHS). My how times have changed.

Cheers

ss_11000 is offline You've got to risk it to get the biscuit

justification of ideas is so easy!

just say why you chose the design, timber, finish and sizes.

I do IT Multimedia and have to do the same portfolio but i have never heard of the other headings
    S T I R L O

Quote Originally Posted by ss_11000 View Post
    justification of ideas is so easy!

just say why you chose the design, timber, finish and sizes.

I do IT Multimedia and have to do the same portfolio but i have never heard of the other headings
    I take it "because I said so" no longer cuts the mustard? , where as if the design, "matches the throb of the knob and the angle of fandangle and the timber has a mystic connection to my spirit creature" that's OK?

thanks guys for all yur help

It's no problem
    Every few years someone tries to get these old blokes to do their school work for them so they can spend more time on you tube.
    We weren't born yesterday and so you have to expect smartarse replies.
    Lucky you've been forced to do your own work, given the contract you sign called "all my own work"
    If we do the thinking for you it isn't your work. That's why you have a folio, to prove you can design something and see it through to completion and describe the problems you encounter and how you solved them. We do it every time we cut a piece too short or drill a hole in the wrong place or cut on the wrong side of the line.

Your teacher will know if you start quoting our words because it just won't sound like you.

Point being, dont be lazy.
    Cheers
    Jim

"I see dumb peope!"

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
    It's no problem
    Every few years someone tries to get these old blokes to do their school work for them so they can spend more time on you tube.
    We weren't born yesterday and so you have to expect smartarse replies.
    Lucky you've been forced to do your own work, given the contract you sign called "all my own work"
    If we do the thinking for you it isn't your work. That's why you have a folio, to prove you can design something and see it through to completion and describe the problems you encounter and how you solved them. We do it every time we cut a piece too short or drill a hole in the wrong place or cut on the wrong side of the line.

Your teacher will know if you start quoting our words because it just won't sound like you.

Point being, dont be lazy.

i wasnt gonna copy it i was just asking what do the question mean so i can do it myself.

i wasnt gonna copy it i was just asking what do the question mean so i can do it myself.
    If you can't understand those questions then maybe you are not ready yet to be in year 11. In any case you're definitely not up to year 11 standard in your spelling.

They seemed rather simple questions to me and if they did not seem that way to you, then you should have asked your teacher to explain them. They are always pleased to help their students.

Peter.

Oh, I'm sorry.
    I don't know what came over me.

Of course it is true that you weren't going to copy it, just like it is true that

"my dog ate it"

or

"the cheque is in the mail"

or

" Of course I'll respect you in the morning"

or

"I won't c0me in your mouth"

or

"we are just good friends"
    Cheers
    Jim

"I see dumb peope!"