Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default new yankee workshop

a new series starts today on The Lifestyle Channel, commencing with Normie building a Miter Bench.........should be a ripper!
    Steve
    Kilmore (Melbourne-ish)
    Australia

....catchy phrase here

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Thumbs up

Now I'm pumped.

Just in case you haven't looked, here's the upcoming program guide :

9.30AM

9.30am The New Yankee Workshop Miter Bench & Storage, Part 1
    Step by step instructions for building furniture and woodworking projects designed by master carpenter Norm Abram.

21 cable 21 satellite

2.30AM

2.30am The New Yankee Workshop Miter Bench & Storage, Part 1
    Step by step instructions for building furniture and woodworking projects designed by master carpenter Norm Abram.

21 cable 21 satellite

9.30AM

9.30am The New Yankee Workshop Miter Bench & Storage, Part 2

21 cable 21 satellite

2.30AM

2.30am The New Yankee Workshop Miter Bench & Storage, Part 2

21 cable 21 satellite
    9.30AM

9.30am The New Yankee Workshop Steamer Trunk

21 cable 21 satellite

2.30AM

2.30am The New Yankee Workshop Steamer Trunk

21 cable 21 satellite

11.00PM

11.00pm The New Yankee Workshop Irish Table
    Each program offers step by step instruction for building furniture and woodworking projects designed by master carpenter Norm Abram.

21 cable 21 satellite

11.00PM

11.00pm The New Yankee Workshop Linen Press
    Each program offers step by step instruction for building furniture and woodworking projects designed by master carpenter Norm Abram.

21 cable 21 satellite

11.00PM

11.00pm The New Yankee Workshop Walnut Table

21 cable 21 satellite

11.00PM

11.00pm The New Yankee Workshop Library Ladder

21 cable 21 satellite

Unfortunately I don't think they are new. The episode playing right now is a repeat, and I remember seeing the linen press and the library ladder episodes before as well. What a bummer.

Justin.

I'd be keen to know where you got the schedule from as these are at odds with

http://www.newyankee.com/bynumber2.shtml

which show the episodes by number ... I too have seen the ones mentioned already as repeats and am wondering if poxsmell are up to their old tricks again of giving half seasons out and releating them ad nauseum

I travel 40 minutes each way just to record the show on Saturday mornings and won't need to bother if those episodes can be verified as repeats - instead I'll continue work on my sleighbed, which is a BIG job but coming along

Steve
    Kilmore (Melbourne-ish)
    Australia

....catchy phrase here

Originally posted by Justin
    ...The episode playing right now is a repeat
    Nope! The miter saw station and storage is new, at least on Foxtel. The credits clearly show it as 2002. Foxtel are continuing the recently purchased series 2000-02.

The episodes showing Mon-Fri during March at 11pm are, however, repeats of seasons 1998-99.
    This time, we didn't forget the gravy.

Serif, you will see that the shows by number started in 1989 (series 1) In 1998 the series started showing the year before the episode number.
    The mitre bench & storage were the first 2 episodes of the 2002 season. He ripped out his old benches & rebuilt them to include the mitre saw & radial arm at the same height. If I remember correctly, he also made a cutout in the bench to hold his morticer firmly & safely yet still able to lift it out to put away in its own cupboard.
    One of the 2002 series I liked was No7 the work table with retractable wheels. I intend using the system to make my router table movable & the same with other work tables. It's always nice to be able to wheel tools out then back out of the way when not in use.
    Dewy

yeah - just watched the first part of the 2002 series this a.m.

Was great, even though it isnt a classic piece of furniture making

am looking forward to this season, but looking forward more to March when apparently theres a bunch of This Old House and NYW on

...and will be even better when I dont have to drive 40mins to see em !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
    Kilmore (Melbourne-ish)
    Australia

....catchy phrase here

We generally get the new series as soon as the last one has been shown in America.
    For some reason the Discovery Home & Leisure channel that has shown NYW at prime time (8.00pm) ever since the channel started have no plans to show the 2004 season.
    This has naturally annoyed all those who know so they are getting emails & phone calls in complaint.
    We used to see 2 episodes a day with one on Saturdays & Sundays. Now we are down to just one episode each weekday with none at the weekend.
    Dewy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by seriph1
    [B]I'd be keen to know where you got the schedule from as these are at odds with

I got that from the Foxtel website. Do a search on the Lifestyle channel for New yankee and up it comes.

I aslo see that This Old House is on , but very late.

I think the days of down to earth DIY shows on the Cooking Channel (Lifestyle) are numbered. The channel seems to have been hijacked by the sort of Vaucluse wankers who think we really do want to know how to cook lobster thermidor and quail pie washed down by vintage Grange, to be served on the balcony overlooking the ocean.
    They don't seem to be that organised either. A few months after Austar took the 2 hour long This Old House off saturday they started to advertise "brand new episodes" every night at 7.30. So they replayed the renovation of the house belonging to the English piano player. I don't think it lasted more than a week before they gave that idea away.
    Wouldn't it be great to have a dedicated DIY channel.

We are fortunate in UK in that we already have a DIY channel on digital satellite TV. An added bonus is that there is a plus 1 hour channel repeating in 24 hours a day.
    When satellite went digital they could get 10 times the channels so many use the plus one hour feature.
    The Discovery network seperated all its programmes so it now has 9 channels carrying their own themes.
    Discovery Home & Leisure has DIY, Woodwork, metalwork, model making, home improvements, car rebuilding etc, fishing, property shows with some gardening thrown in.
    New Yankee Workshop is every week day afternoon & night with many holiday weekend days being just NYW.
    Workshop Wednesday speaks for itself with the whole evening devoted to such programmes.
    Digital has a big advantage over terrestrial TV as if programmes clash you can see your show later.

Got to go, Norm has just started with his computer desk.
    Dewy

oh for a decent DIY channel in OZ!

lucky bugger

I guess it will happen..... just not soon enough, which of courswe is why I have been working to produce a downunder furniture making show

cheers
    Steve
    Kilmore (Melbourne-ish)
    Australia

....catchy phrase here

Foxtel Digital apparently has a channel called the "How To Channel" for all the DIY/home improvement shows.
    How much wood could the woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck could chuck wood?

Been trying to think of a reason to convert to Foxtel Didgital and a DIY channel might be the only reason, appart from that I can't see any point in doing it.

Cheers

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast