Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Smile Q for Springwater.

Yours was the cute little hearts and birds in their nest necklace and bracelets in the 2nd Wood work challenge? So........How did you do them? Some kind of off center turning procedure? I'd love to know. Very intriguing.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)
    Follow my little workshop/gallery on facebook. things of clay and wood.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

o where o where has springwater gone o where o where could he be

smile and the world will smile with you

If I told you, we’d both know.
    Attachment 77368
    Work in progress: Heart Monitor
    Working name kindly provided by TLady

Any one else want a witty but apt name for a work that would other wise be known as "Untitled"?
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)

BTW Spring water, Hubby wants to know how your are controling your "heart monitor". This post may need to be shifted again to the computer section. What data are you actually going to display?
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)

Hey Springwater,
    I'm intrigued,
    some more info please?

what if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?

Ah, this is all just a thought at the moment and comes about here following Tea Ladies interest in how I went about making the bracelet submitted in the Challenge. I mentioned my interest in casting the hearts in glass but in speaking with a few people who work in glass maybe in can't be done, let alone with the ability to light them up but I haven't given up hope for that to happen, the search goes on. Casting them in clear resin with the LED light set into them is probably more realistic at the moment but a challenge in itself. I have read as much as I need, without going into detail, to understand that controlling each light independently is possible as is their on/off sequence and timing.

The picture I posted earlier is just a working sketch I did a while back to go some way towards explaining the concept, the final work as I imagine would be 3 by 4 metres in width depending on how complex things get. The final electronic setup may also be governed by advances in lighting technology so considering how little time I've got to give this work the method may change.

As for the concept, all I can say is that it's driven by emotional impulses.

This is not about carving wood is it?

If you need some electronic help give me a PM

I've got a friend who does kiln formed glass. I'm sure she could help you. Impossible? Never. Another friend that does glass blowing and makes glass beads. A way shall be found.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    If you need some electronic help give me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tea lady View Post
    I've got a friend who does kiln formed glass. I'm sure she could help you. Impossible? Never. Another friend that does glass blowing and makes glass beads. A way shall be found.
    Thanks very much, I'll get back soon, very sad day as one of our beloved dogs had to be put down last night. It's strange not having him around, he was always first up to greet me in the morning in his usual whole body wagging way, very sad he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    Thanks very much, I'll get back soon, very sad day as one of our beloved dogs had to be put down last night. It's strange not having him around, he was always first up to greet me in the morning in his usual whole body wagging way, very sad he's gone.
    sorry to hear that springwater my boy is 16 yo every night he likes to play the same game that we did when we were younger but his back legs have trouble holding him up, l understand how you feel

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    Oh! So sorry to hear, Spring. My cat's shadow was in the house long after she had gone.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)

Quote Originally Posted by SPIRIT View Post
    sorry to hear that springwater my boy is 16 yo every night he likes to play the same game that we did when we were younger but his back legs have trouble holding him up, l understand how you feel
    Quote Originally Posted by tea lady View Post
    Oh! So sorry to hear, Spring. My cat's shadow was in the house long after she had gone.
    Thanks for your condolences. I burried him under a tree this morning with tears in the rain, I couldn't care less about how late I was to dreaded work, there was more important things to take care of. Yummy gave us so much happiness, he was a constantly happy, cheeky, little rolly polly man.

Its that connection we are able to have with our pets that makes them such a joy to have around. Much sympathy Springwater, I had to do the same for our 14 yr old German Shepherd on Tuesday.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast