Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Trupro

Default Trupro

Gday all. A while back I asked if anyone had bought a Trupro ( or either of the others) and what they thought of it. Well, I thought I'd let you know that I took the plunge and bought one. So far I am extremely happy with it. Very smooth and quiet operation. When the clamps arrive from the UK it will be perfect, I would say!
    Noel

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Good on you Noel. If you are as pleased as I am with your Tru Pro you will be very happy. The Hegna clamps will make a world of difference in attaching blades. A couple of things I did with my saw was to oil the pins. There is no direction in the hand book for that. You may have found that you can not use a foot switch because the saws switch cuts out when there is a loss of power. In doing this if you are using a foot switch you have to press on to get it all working again. I also raised the metal piece under the bottom clamp. That made it better when relising and reconecting the blade at the top. It was quite easy to do that by tillting the table and squeezing the metal piece with a pair of pliers.

You are only a about 2 to 3 hours from me. I would be interested to know what type of work you are doing.

Red Gum

Hi Red Gum. Teah, the first thing I done was to oil the pins , lol ! I couldn't make sense of the manual that came with the saw so I downloaded the Hegner one. Basically the same anyway. The quick release clamp has arrived and I am just waiting on the otheres now. I have ordered a cheap generic foot switch for it. Hopefully it will work, I have never used a footswitch before and I'm keen to see what they are like !

I enjoy doing fret work, clocks, frames boxes etc., ( as opposed to portrait type stuff) . Send me your email address and I will send a pic or two if you want.
    Noel

It looks as though you are under way with the Tru Pro. I have been trying to find the Hegna hand book without sucess. Would you send me their address or a copy of the book please.

Looking forward to seeing your work. Like wise I will send photoes of mine.

I'm in a rush at the moment going away for a few days but will get back to you as soon as I can.

My E Mail addres is [email protected]

Catch you in a few days

Red Gum

Why did you buy the clamps in the UK?
    As far as I know Harris Traders sells them right here?
    They don't have a website, but here's their e-mail addy:
    [email protected]

Juvy
    Woodcrafters Haven
    Wodonga - Supplies for Turners and Woodcrafters
    Mobile 0407261703

Didn't think of Harris's. I knew Carroll's and Carbotech didn't anymore and couldn't find them elsewhere on the local net. Oh well....only cost about $6 postage and they were here within a week. The bee's knees too !!! lol
    Noel