Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Slow6 View Post
    Gday Folks.. here we go.

I must say even fighting with my life long affliction of musical illiteracy I'm on the ball enough to know these are pretty sexy looking speakers.

Such a shame about that middle bit (what is that bit called)
    All the info you need is in the photo's I think.

10" Bronze/FSB Speakers
    Speech coil 15 Ohms

Tested resonance 38 cycles

Date 2nd Jan 1959

On one speaker itself (you can make it out in the photos) there is an ink stamp..
    "11 Nov 1969" with a little circle.. I'm thinking the speakers had a checkup in 1969?

What do you think? I cant see any damage or degradation beyond the obvious center thing being dinged up.
    Oops. I should have read further down. They're NOT Wharfdales, they're Richard Allen drivers. Shoudl be worth a Buck or two. They look to be in excellent nick.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Thanks Zaphod. I think I'll list the speakers tonight.

Not to throw cold water over your plans, but speaker driver technology has improved a great deal since after the 80s or so, and unlike some other hi fi equipment eg. valve amps & turntables and perhaps horn speakers, those from pre-80/90s are probably a huge step backward from those after the 80/90s. This is a generalization and i'm sure some of you will be able to think of some exceptions.

So those who would pay for them would be restricted to die hard enthusiasts of Wharfedale or their driver manufacturers.

The speaker box could come in useful perhaps?

Nonetheless, I wish you all the best in your ebay listing!!

Thats ok Ashwood they are no good to me so if an enthusiast picks up a bargain I'll be happy that somebody is going to get some joy out of them rather than me finding them in 10 years time in the storeroom full of holes and useless.
    The red pine from the boxes will go into something that my kids may be inclined to keep and will retain the same story of where it was originally salvaged.
    I don't plan to make a fortune.. just wanted to know that they would at least have some interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow6 View Post
    Thats ok Ashwood they are no good to me so if an enthusiast picks up a bargain I'll be happy that somebody is going to get some joy out of them rather than me finding them in 10 years time in the storeroom full of holes and useless.
    The red pine from the boxes will go into something that my kids may be inclined to keep and will retain the same story of where it was originally salvaged.
    I don't plan to make a fortune.. just wanted to know that they would at least have some interest.
    If you do a little research and list them properly, I reckon you'll do better than this guy did:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Richard-...QQcmdZViewItem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12