Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Old Duntech Marquis in need of a facelift

Hello, I have a pair of Duntech Marquis that are around 13 years old, I would like to get them re-veneered in a new finish to suit my decor and perhaps if it can be done alter the the shape to a slight curved shape on the sides for a modern look, could the latter be done?.....Could someone recommend me a person or business who is upto the task in doing such a job......thanks I,ll foward to any suggestions and replies.......

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Now lots of people will spruke on about certain speakers, but duntech speakers are seriously nice.

By all means re veneer them but i wouldn't even be considering messing with the structure or form of the boxes.

You may simply be looking at a refinishig job rathere than a reveneering.

Is the surface of the boxes in sound condition?

What sort of difference in colour are you looking for?

There are people out there who would repaint the room rather than change the speakers.

You do realise you have royalty staying at your place.

cheers
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.
    Abrasives can be just as dangerous as a blade.....and 10 times more painfull.

Thanks for the reply, yes you are right, I,d have to be insane to change the shape of these speakers, the veneer themselves have seen better days, bit,s and pieces coming of from the bottom edges, going into a new home it,s not going to be a good look. I was thinking going for Blue gum veneer, it,s a nice wood and it will suit the decor in the new home, could you assist in reffering me to someone who has the skill in performing such a job on my favorite bit of furniture...thanks I hope to hear from you soon.....

HGRA, any competent cabinet maker will be able to re-veneer your speaker boxes to a better than new finish, and with your choice of wood for the veneer. (NB: a cabinet maker is not the same as a kitchen fabricator.)

There may even be someone on this forum who might like the job!

Cheers

Graeme

Thanks graeme, if there is anyone upto the task on this site, it would be much appreciated, if not, you have placed me on the right path in getting the right person to do the job...thanks again graeme..........