Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Design and Technology Movie Assignment on acoustic guitar building

Hi everybody,
    I have to make a video for design and technology and I wanted to do mine on building acoustic guitars, and since my dad and I haven't gotten to build them yet, I needed to get them from somebody who has built them. If you're able to post them, can you make sure that they are copyright free. it would be great if you can post them, if not it's no drama

Rock On
    Lil' Mongrel
    I take no responsibility whatsoever... -mongrel

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Let me clarify. She needs any photos that you accoustic builders would care to let her use, or the express permission of the owners of the files in other posts to use them in her school video. They are very stringent with copywrite at her school (and rightly so) and it really stops the kids just trolling the internet without thought of the possible consequences.
    Cheers!
    Mongrel

Some inspirational words:
    "Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work." -Stephen King.
    Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. -Steve Vai
    "Save me Jeebus!" -Homer Simpson

i did d&t in yr11/12. one of my favorite subjects. cant really help though. make sure you get you folio up to scratch and well laid out, thats what gets you marks. its a pity though, as great designs can get bad marks, and the other way around too.

good luck

hello mongrels, I've got photos of guitars being made, you're welcome to them if you want some
    Jack

I might be able to help you out with some pics as well...I don't have that many but let me know of what your looking for and I can email you some
    Grant

Big Mongrel/Little Mongrel,

I have about 3000 acoustic guitar building photos on my Mac....all taken by me and free of copyright restrictions.

Tell me what you need and Ill get some burnt to a CD. I also have a CD of photos taken during a guitar building course I attended in NZ a few years ago.

PM me if youre interested. Its easier if I email or snail mail the pics to you. Posting on the forum requires resizing of the files and it takes forever.

Cheers Martin
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Big Mongrel..Little Mongrel.

Any comeback on those photos? If you want 'em I need to know soon so I can start burning 'em onto a CD. It'll take an hour or two I (my Mac's old and slow like me) but I'm happy to do it if you really want the pics

Let me know asap...cheers Martin
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Smile

So how did you go with that assignment? Ya must have got the marks back by now

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo View Post
    So how did you go with that assignment? Ya must have got the marks back by now
    yeah, sorry i havnt been on for a while, things hav been a bit hectic latley (sick rellies, school and work)
    i got realli good marks for it and i was the first one to finish

I also got to perform (with my guitar) at my schools end-of-year concert which was sooooo fun (i wasnt going solo thank god)

in design and tech (woodworking classes) I'll be making a toilet roll holder
    piece of cake!!!!!!
    when i finish that ill send some pics (which will be most likley near the end of the year )
    Lil' Mongrel
    I take no responsibility whatsoever... -mongrel

Thanks for the comeback Lil Mongrel. Glad to hear you got a good mark for the project

Cheers Martin