Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dingo View Post
    bungarras
    Translation: Lizard, goana (racehorse I think). They're faster than a wild dingo.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

So I reckon thats sorted the sheilas out!! Long grey hair long white beard might just turn em off me...

Cheers
    Shane
    I wooden say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Johncs View Post
    Translation: Lizard, goana (racehorse I think). They're faster than a wild dingo.
    I need a translator on an Aussie site?? Strewth!!!

Actually... the bungarra (lizard goanna... note the double n John? ) is in official terms named the perenti monitor lizard... nice eating by the way

Man if I gotta translate me wafflings on an Aussie site Im right stuffed eh

Cheers
    Shane
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Shane, have you read the following books (given your background in counselling)?

Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl

The Road Less Travelled - Scott Peck

I know about these books because my other half is a qualified psych.

These books are both A+++++++++++. Read them. You are not alone.

Cheers
    Ryan

Gidday Ryan
    I recall reading both a fair while back no idea where they are now she who wont be named probably has them or has tipped them who knows...

OKAY!!! Meaning? I have none BUT!!! What I do have or rather have done is...

TADA!!!

Drum roll....

The papers on the sale of the house have been signed... its a done deed all over in 30 days (or less) and its gone and Im outta here!!! NO WUKKERS! I am absotively stoked rapt over the moon and quite happy Well I coulda hung out for a few grand more but why bother? I need out this was a cash offer and well its done. what an incredible weight of my shoulders

Now what the hell am I gonna do???? Well for one... Im booking my ticket just as soon as I can flying ex Perth to... SEATTLE!!! yep then score a car of some sort some camping gear and do a run through the states for 3 months... well you get 90 days without havin to apply for a visa so why not?

Then back here through Bali and probably straight to Christophas in SA and across to Robbos in Vic for to find me a nice mobile home or sexy caravan to live in... yep theres enough for a nice one not an expensive one but a nice one enough for one fella to live comfortably in with perhaps enough room for some fine figured sheila to bunk and keep me company and some in an interest bearing fixed term account for later on down the track.

Life I think is turning a corner... theres bound to be downs again but I think I hit the bottom of the slush pile the other day and now its a clamber up through the mud again... there is some light Im seeing beyond this present time.

Actually this last couple of days have been good... not only did I start some meds that seeem to be working but the passport came in I went and got the international license the house was sold but also I found a smile or two!!! Not my old full bottle smiles but none the less a smile that made me feel pretty damned good... and made a couple of the kids grin cant get better than that and will only improve from here on

Oh and on the matter of psychs... the one I saw the other day advised me that "the meds probably wont help you much with your depression because its not a true depression as its caused by whats happened to you, if your wife hadnt left you you probably wouldnt be depressed would you? No so dont expect much from the medication its not an internal depression your experiencing" Im about over psychs!!

Anyways... I think things will get better from here on... Im plannin on spending a fair bit of time in Forest Gump area and so fully expect to come back with an accent to knock yer blocks off!!

Cheers
    Shane
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Hang in there Ding, remember to stick yer head back in here while you are on the road.

Have fun, take photos.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Shane, it's good to hear you are bouncing again. Your saga has obviously been tough but all the support recieved from friends, known and unknown, here on the woody forum has, hopefully, bouyed you somewhat.
    I'm certaiin your next few months will be a pleasure, and the face to face contacts you have planned will be satisfying. At least, I hope so.

soth

Thumbs up

Onya Ding....GO!!!!!!!!!

Good on yer Shane.

Well, if you're leaving via Perth I reckon that you owe us blokes up here, You owe us your presence at a Perth barbie, sure we can organise something before you head of into the nether regions of our planet.
    If anyone thinks it is a good idea then I can offer my place - we can bbq whilst Derek C sharpens all my tools.

Denn

Shane

Great news all round. Mate yer wasted on the seppos. They'll think that you're Mick Dundee (prats that they are).

Keep us up to date with your adventures.

We know you'll keep sliding into muck holes, but they get shallower and smaller as time goes by and the you beaut scenes in between get longer (sometimes with beeyootiful sunsets thrown in).

OOROO
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

Quote Originally Posted by jmk89 View Post
    Shane

They'll think that you're Mick Dundee

That could make for a good bit o' fun

I

Actually... the bungarra (lizard goanna... note the double n John? ) is in official terms named the perenti monitor lizard... nice eating by the way

Man if I gotta translate me wafflings on an Aussie site Im right stuffed eh

Cheers
    Shane
    I looked at it both ways, my spelling checker (firefox checks spells) didn't like it either way.

That aside, thems furreners over there, they don't have a proper understanding of our lingo. I've been married over 30 years, and still the Qld girl I married doesn't understand what I'm talking about

For anyone who has not seen a goanna you may wish to look at:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc9TbL0ORFg
    Ooops, add http:// in front if the link doesn't work.

soth

Hi Shane,
    Glad to hear you're climbing out of that dark hole at last. A camping adventure in the States sounds good, a refreshing start to your new life.
    When you get back and hit the road in your camper/cara van, make sure you call in through Toowoomba on the way to Cliff's! We'll reminisce about long lost nights at the White Sands, ripping it up with Dave Hole.

All the best Mild Dingo!
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

Default kettles on.... beers cold...

Hi Shane...
    Great to see you post again....
    Fantastic news that everything is honky-dory....
    I'm getting there slowly too... just don't know where "there" is yet....

thought you might like this....

...the purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences....

Your idea's & future adventure sound wonderful... envious... you will enjoy it tremendously... good luck & postcards would be nice.....LOL
    Hope you take a laptop & keep in touch with us all....

We will all miss you...
    Cheers KEKEMO
    Don't think you're playing it safe by walking in the middle of the road.....that's the surest way to get hit by traffic coming from both ways!
    I'm passionate about woodwork.......making Sawdust again & loving it!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast