Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A New CNC Build

Thanks Bob

I've sent an inquiry off to China about the 387oz/in ones, so I'll see what sort of response I get.

I'm one of those "bigger is usually better" kind of people, but I know when you're talking about stepper motors, that's often not the case. Still confused, but will take a punt on the 387s.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hi All

I'm having a little trouble communicating with MS-Motor in China in that I can't seem to find out the method of payment they prefer.

I'm ready to order some steppers, but I don't know how to pay them.

Can anyone who has dealt with MS-Motor fill me in on the desired payment method?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Sims View Post
    I've sent an inquiry off to China about the 387oz/in ones, so I'll see what sort of response I get.
    Just be aware that just because the motor they are offering is 387oz does not mean it is the same motor.

For example Keling has in their list, three 282oz motors that each have quite different specs.

The one Bob pointed to is a pretty good match for the G251s

So take care that that is the one you are ordering.

Greg

Thanks Greg, very good advice.

I've found out that the motors I'm considering ordering have a different part number, but with the very similar specs as the Keling ones.

Instead of Kelings KL23H284-35-4B, the equivalent from MS-Motor is 24H290-35-4B. Same physical size, same current, slightly lower inductance (2.1mH instead of 2.8), similar torque, 1.2 ohms vs 1.0.

I'm hoping they're close enough and suitable for the 251s

Cheers

Hi Geoff,
    MS should have sent you a specification sheet - if not ask for one. It will have all the details your require as well as the motor colours.
    I pay through Western Union as it is the cheapest. I asked about Paypal and they don't do it. If you do a bank transfer they expect the bank fees at their end to be paid and I don't know how to do that or what those costs are. WU can be done through a credit card over the net. A bit of a fiddle as you have to convert Aus to US then US to Rmb. I always send a little extra because they will ask you for more money if it is short. That means a whole new set of fees to be paid.
    Anyone else got a better payment method then chime in.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Sims View Post
    Instead of Kelings KL23H284-35-4B, the equivalent from MS-Motor is 24H290-35-4B. Same physical size, same current,
    slightly lower inductance (2.1mH instead of 2.8), similar torque, 1.2 ohms vs 1.0.
    If they are 3.5 amp, 2.1mH they should be fine. 4B means they are bipolar or four wire.

I always like to get dual shaft so it is easy to fit a resonance damper if needed.

Greg

Default And yet another candidate...

Just before Keling announced their latest motors for use with the G540, I communicated with MS-Motor re motors suitable for use with the G250/251 and got the spec for a 23H2100-35-4A, 3.5A, 1.6mh, 2Nm (287oz/in).

Spec attached.

Rod, I took your advice and asked for a spec sheet for the motors. It turns out that they are an exact match for the Keling motors. Same motor, different number. I've attached the spec sheet in case anyone else is interested in the same motors.

I've sorted out the payment options with Western Union. Thanks Rod.

Greg, these motors are dual shaft, and said by Kelings to be ideal for the G251's. Your confirmation though, makes me a little more confident.

Geoff, I think maybe the 287oz/in units may be a bit too small for my machine. I'm going to go with the 387oz/in units. Thanks for the info though.

One other question before I properly place my order regards the shipping cost from China. MS-Motor have quoted $26US each for the motors, so for the three its $78US which I think is very good.

I was somewhat surprised though that they've quoted $91US for the shipping. Is this about what I should have expected? Just thought it as strange that the shipping is well in excess of the cost of the goods. Still cheaper than other sources I guess.

Cheers

Forgot the spec sheet.Here it is.

Hi Geoff,
    High shipping cost from this supplier is normal. I am staggered by their shipping cost at times but when the dust settles their total cost is always cheaper than any other supplier I have looked at. I just had a look at my last order and I had a VFD and three motors shipped in Feburary for $102US so it seems comparible to your quote.
    Might be worth a quote from Kelling just to test the waters.

The B in the motor number (last digit) denotes a dual shaft so you are right there. Single shaft have a A.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Hi Rod

I thought that was the case. I think they must get a figure from their carriers and just double it. Since I posted my message, I've sent off an email to Keling and have already got an answer back. Their shipping cost is $45.95, but when you add that to their motor prices, they're still about $40US more expensive. I'll stick with MS-Motor.

Cheers
    Geoff

Geoff,
    Is that saving $US40 per motor or for the total order?

Hi Geoff

That's for the whole order.

Cheers

Default More to service than price

Hello group,

One thing to consider is what if something goes wrong?

I had a fire in my workshop on Thursday night, EVERYTHING I have built or bought over the last 40 years is gone save one lump hammer!

I had just ordered 6 motors and 8 controllers from Keling, I asked if I could cancel the order.

No problem whatsoever, no " re-stocking fee" nothing, just said yes and refunded the purchase in full.

He / they may be dearer than the Chinese MS Motor but I know where I'll be spending my money.

I would post some photos of the damage but couldn't be bothered with the 100k file size.

Depressed Ed

That is really bad news Ed, I'm really sorry to hear about that, it must be heartbeaking to see your shed like that.

Great to see how Keling looked after you though.

I would think you have your hands full for now but when you rebuild, let me know, I think I could probably organise a matched set of servo's and drives, it may only be a set of three but it is a start.

And before you say no don't think of it as charity, you can "borrow" them until they are no use to you any more. If/when you are finished you can send them back if you want...

The servo's are Electrocraft E543's and the drives will probably be DSPIC based control (PWM output) and discrete power stage, serial PID tuning and I can set them up to be stable before posting, should take some time out of setup.

Say the word when you are ready.

Cheers.

Russell.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast