Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Post White Tail Designs

I am writing this to find out if anyone has had experiences with White Tail Designs from IL (USA). Just this year my friend ordered a particular pattern from them for me to cut (August) and to this day it still has not turned up. We emailed the owner to find out where the pattern is and he said he had sent it by mail twice. I suggested he email it to me and that still didn't happen.

Can anyone please tell me if you have had similar experiences with this company and if so, what do you suggest I do as the email we were communication with them has been cancelled.

Cheers and thanks.

Jax

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Gday Jax. I'm sorry for your misfortune with this mob. I have dealt with a few US sites over the years but I have never heard of these people. Apparently it takes a bit of work to provide downloadable patterns and the only people that have done it (to my knowledge) have gone out of business, and that was The Berrybasket. I have bought several off The Wooden Teddy Bear, and have had no problems. I used to get some off Wildwood designs, but since they started charging ridiculous prices for shipping I have not dealt off them. What sort of patterns are you after? The portrait type ones, or more like fretwork?
    Noel

Post White Tail Designs

Hi Noel

Tx for your reply. The pattern was of a teddy bear clock for my friends grandchild. From now on when I see patterns I would like from companies like this, I will ask for peoples experience before I order them. I didn't think (yes, silly me), that these kinds of magazines would allow problem companies like these.

Try these two. The Scrollsaw Workshop is on an honour system and you download the pattern from the site.

http://www.woodenteddybearonline.com/mm5/

http://www.scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/

Both have heaps of patterns. The Teddybear patterns are posted to you but I have never had any problems with them.

Noel

Jax, have you tried asking on some of the US forums? I'd think you'd have a much better chance of finding someone who ordered from that company there?
    Specially now ordering from the US is sooooo expensive... top it with the high postage and there won't be many scrollers ordering from there.

Juvy
    Woodcrafters Haven
    Wodonga - Supplies for Turners and Woodcrafters
    Mobile 0407261703

I have seen them in the scrollsaw magazines as pattern designers of the ones supplied in the magazines, but I have not tried purchasing any directly from them. It can take a while for mail to arrive from the States but I assume you have been waiting a while.
    Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

Brett????????
    Where have you been? Wow... thought you dropped from the face of the earth!
    Glad to see you're alive!

You've been missed - several people have asked us how/where you are! So... how about sending us a "beep" ?

You're right.... anything from the US can take a looooong time... if something is send via sea 3 months is normal! Few companies do that tho....

Juvy
    Woodcrafters Haven
    Mobile 0407261703

I have ordered quite a few things off The Wooden Teddybear, including patterns, and they have always been here within 2 weeks. In a lot of cases 8 days.
    Noel

I get the same good service from Fox Chapel.... air mail..... most companies will send air mail.... but trying to save money a few will ship via sea... unless you tell them differently.... that's when the problems start....

Juvy
    Woodcrafters Haven
    Mobile 0407261703