ok good people, well for strictly timber you cant go past Kennedys classic aged timbers, they have some great stuff, unfortunately all good things come at a price. Big red shed is a bit of a try to be like Kennedys type store and is getting there slowly They seem to have the price to match Kennedys lol but the volume aint quiet there. Youve got your tradiitional demo yards like Underwood Demolition Market and Wooloongabba, I think both have been around for 20 odd years Underwood is huge and realy well organised, it looks pretty professional. About half their yard is new and seconds looking stuff and half is second hand.They had some great looking bifold doors I wouldnt mind They seem to turf the crap and concentrate on good stuff. Wooloongabba seems to keep everything and its all second hand. They realy value their mouldings and all old fittings, its a pretty cool place. Some of the places I went to were terrible, I probably shouldnt mention their names. There is one over at brendale a funny name cayle or something, they look like most of their stuff comes from auction,and some demo stuff. Stones corner has some nice wood, a bit messy, Moorooka, Logan village and Deception Bay are all owned by the same people I think, they were ok, nothing particulary intersting though.
So I guess as this is a wood forum Id have to give my pick to Kennedys, unfortunately the price is a bit of an issue, but Its worth the money I think, I love that old timber and I agree with these demolition yards valuing old timber higher than new timber. Timber aside Underwood Demo was the pick of the other yards and I went to 16 all up, believe it or not, I didnt even know there were that many.
So there you have it hope it helps