SORRY long story

I need a concrete slab pored in my back yard for a kit shed to be erected
Had to get someone in to level the site as there is a slight fall across the block
Thats where the trouble begins

Rang a fellow someone suggested to me as he was reasonably priced
The fellow told me it would cost me between $200 and $250 to level and take away the dirt.
I asked him Shouldn't he come and have a look he said no it will be right and he didn't have time to look anyway.
Told him the job was his

Two weeks later I rang again and ask when he is coming oh he replied Ill send someone over Saturday morning

Sure enough 7.45 Saturday morning one of his workers turns up with truck and bobcat
(Neighbors where impressed)

Showed him what had to be done and away he went
15 minutes later he knocked at the back door and said there is no way you will get a slab on there as theirs to much water
BOB cat was getting bogged.
Went and had a look yep there seems to be water underground and it was boggy
He rang hie boss and he said he would have to get an Excavator in and for the kid to pack up and return to yard and to charge me Min 2 hours $180
I said no worry but the jobs not finished (and he didn't have any change of my $200)
He said he would put it in the book???

I rang the boss the following Monday he said he would come and have a look
He turned up 2 days later right on dusk shone his car lights on the hole in the back yard and said yeah excavator will fix that and we will put a drain in for you around the cut we will fix it no worries give me a week to organize

2 Weeks later on a Friday morning the bosses wife rings me to ask where the account was to be sent
I told here the address and asked when it would be done
Told here the story which she replied I wasn't told that Ill see what I can find out.

4.O'Clock that night another worker turns up with an excavator
Spends around 2.5 hours and said thats the Best I can do we will have to get the bobcat back and got SWMBO to sigh the docket and left

I am now left with a unlevel cut and a great pile of dirt (the excavator driver said he knew nothing about carting the dirt away)

A week later I get a bill in the mail for $441

I rang this guy and asked what the story is and when it was going to be finished.
He replied "Well what would you do it you quoted to run cables thought a timber wall and it turned out to be brick"
I replied I would wear the cost he replied "Bull S**T"

I asked "so to get him back to finish the job it will cost me another $200" which he replied "thats about right"
When I asked about removing the dirt he said he wouldn't have said that because that cost $100/h
So his $200-$250 quote is now going to cost me over $700

Now I dont mind paying the $441 but the job imo isn't finished

I'm wondering what others think

Everybody Ive spoken to have said don't pay

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...