Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Show prices v Sale prices

I'm in Sydney and have been patiently waiting oin the WWW show in early June to get some bits 'o machinery (Band Saw, Comb planer/thicknesser in particular).
    I've just heard the Carbetec have their sale on the weekend before and Hare & Forbes are planning to 'do' show prices all month - according to the guy on the phone at the Sydney store yesterday.
    So, the question is - how likely are 'show prices' going to be lower than 'sale prices'. What are your experiences?
    :confused:

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I have just been to Carbatec and saw the flyer for their sale. The will have a CTJ196 6 inch jointer with a 1HP dust collector for $659.
    The floor price for the jointer is $649 although the new catalogue has it listed for $595.

They also have a 15inch thicknesser packaged with a dust collector for , I think, $1295

I should have added that Hare & Forbes are focussing on the Engineering exhibition at Darling Harbour at the same time as WWW, showing their CNC machinery and thats why they are just having a 15% off sale at their showroom rather than going to the WWW show

Carbatec usually run the same prices at their sale and at the show for most items, however if they are trying to shift stuff there will be some serious bargins at the sale that wont be at the show. I don't think you would get any movement ( deal, leaverage ) on carbatec show prices.

timbe con seem to have some specials on some smaller stuff that are current.