Page 8 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scotty60 View Post
    Heres my garage it is a working garage not a show pony,
    every time i get to clean it, it ends up dirty again for some reason. I do everything myself i like to watch and learn,never stop learning.Shed is a double garage with another single on the side which is my brew room, thats another story.Im only new to wood turning, making timber toys only been doing for about 1 month now over time ill build up my collection of tools and rearrange the garage to suit.Hope you like.
    Great lookin' shop Scotty.

...a burglars nightmare, poor bugger would lose his way tryin' to get out !!!!!!
    Cheers,
    Ed

Do something that is stupid and fun today, then run like hell !!!

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Reiss View Post
    TT....maybe you can't "swing a cat" in there, but it sure looks like that dog of yours could take one on
    Believe it or not she used to be the best possum/cat/rat/mouse/bird/lizard/snake and frog killing dog in the business (basically anything that moved) but she's 14 now, stone deaf, half blind and has a heart condition so it's all just day-to-day
    Last edited by TTIT; 2nd March 2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: forgot 'cat'
    Updated 8th of February 2024

I suffer from living in rentals, so I get to re-establish my whole shed every year or two. Latest is current lease will likely expire end of the year, so off we go again. Started looking to see if we can make it into buying, given the market, so maybe there will be light………..
    Rant off!

Current workshop is in double garage under house. Problem is that with no street parking, and a shared driveway, I have to share it with 2nd car and tinny, which means constant “inning and outing”, particularly with larger projects. (pic 1)

Boat regularly gets drafted for extra storage, (ie it ends up full of carp) (Pic 2)
    Also it means no machines can be permanently set up, and have to be dragged out as needed. (Pic 3) Looking towards bandsaw, planer, small tool storage, clamps, and drill press and sharpening.

Router/saw table, and small jointer, and timber and sheet storage. (Pics 4 & 5)

I would love to be able to work around my workbench, but not possible. (Pic 6)
    Handtools are on racks and pegboard. (Pic 7)

My lathe and lathe tools are the only bit I can use easily without having to shift contents around. The shavings are from roughing out the (semi) green Jacaranda bowls. The Green bin is full of weeding and pruning, so clean-up has to wait until after it is emptied tomorrow! (Pics 8)

regards
    Alastair

ElizaLeahy is offline Old enough to know better, too young to care!

Cheer up Alastair, you still have more room then me!

Love the photo of all the shavings!
    Eliza

www.elizasart.com
    www.elvenhair.com - wooden hair stuff

"Help! I'm *in* the box!"

Thanks all you people for a great thread, great pics. and a couple of chuckles!

Wow this thread grew since I last looked some real nice sheds

Sawdustmaker I am disappointed I thought I had the shed with the least room to move. But you win on that count But everything seems to have its place.

no way am I showing mine right now I'd cop a lot off you blokes especially as it has a queen size mattress in it............just in case I get tired.

Ray

I enjoy having a sticky around other peoples sheds, so thanks to everyone who posts.

Here's mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    I suffer from living in rentals, so I get to re-establish my whole shed every year or two. Latest is current lease will likely expire end of the year, so off we go again. Started looking to see if we can make it into buying, given the market, so maybe there will be light………..
    Rant off!

Current workshop is in double garage under house. Problem is that with no street parking, and a shared driveway, I have to share it with 2nd car and tinny, which means constant “inning and outing”, particularly with larger projects. (pic 1)

Boat regularly gets drafted for extra storage, (ie it ends up full of carp) (Pic 2)
    Also it means no machines can be permanently set up, and have to be dragged out as needed. (Pic 3) Looking towards bandsaw, planer, small tool storage, clamps, and drill press and sharpening.

Router/saw table, and small jointer, and timber and sheet storage. (Pics 4 & 5)

I would love to be able to work around my workbench, but not possible. (Pic 6)
    Handtools are on racks and pegboard. (Pic 7)

My lathe and lathe tools are the only bit I can use easily without having to shift contents around. The shavings are from roughing out the (semi) green Jacaranda bowls. The Green bin is full of weeding and pruning, so clean-up has to wait until after it is emptied tomorrow! (Pics 8)

regards
    ...just goes to show, "where there's a will, there's a way!!"
    Cheers,
    Ed

Do something that is stupid and fun today, then run like hell !!!

Love that bench, Ben.

Neil
    Stay sharp and stay safe!

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    no way am I showing mine right now I'd cop a lot off you blokes especially as it has a queen size mattress in it............just in case I get tired.Ray

Well do I have to say a thing?????

Enjoying the thread, I'll try to get more modern photo's of my squeeze box on the weekend.
    Pat
    Work is a necessary evil to be avoided. Mark Twain

Thanks Neil, she's a (very slow) work in progress. Sitting on the shelves behind is a Record 52 1/2 and a Veritas twin screw vice with the optional extender kit to allow up to 24in centres on the screws, but because of an oversite in design mine will be 21in. The screws will go through the holes in the end beam, just below the top. The record will go on the front left. Six drawers will fill the bottom.

I'll do a full expose' when it's done, some time in the coming months.

The shed is in the only good room in a little old dairy, and looks bigger in the pics, it's 5.5mx3.7m and was previously tenanted by termites. On the up side there is 15A and 3 phase hooked up, on the downside there isn't much room for machinery. But it's MINE, ALL MINE!! and a big step up from the drag it out and work on the BnD Workmate then drag it away each night, that used to be my routine.

Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Well do I have to say a thing?????

Enjoying the thread, I'll try to get more modern photo's of my squeeze box on the weekend.

Howd I know you'd pick up on it eh
    Lets see I have in stock for Pat
    Blood Plum I bet he forgot about I have maturing
    Peppermint Gum
    a new 1/2 log of possible Mahogany will be varified tomorrow

all taking up space

Once daughter moves out things will change as LOML wool moves indoors 7 x 55ltr tubs of sheep alpaca etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben from Vic. View Post

The shed is in the only good room in a little old dairy, and looks bigger in the pics, it's 5.5mx3.7m and was previously tenanted by termites. On the up side there is 15A and 3 phase hooked up, on the downside there isn't much room for machinery. But it's MINE, ALL MINE!! and a big step up from the drag it out and work on the BnD Workmate then drag it away each night, that used to be my routine.

Ben.
    Not much room to moove then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben from Vic. View Post
    I enjoy having a sticky around other peoples sheds, so thanks to everyone who posts.

Here's mine.

Ben,

I see lots of room there that desperately needs to be filled with either machinery or timber, take your pick. Ideally, your workshop should be so full of stuff that it aggravates you every so often. And it keeps those with dusty sheds at bay!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Howd I know you'd pick up on it eh
    Lets see I have in stock for Pat
    Blood Plum I bet he forgot about I have maturing
    Peppermint Gum
    a new 1/2 log of possible Mahogany will be varified tomorrow

all taking up space

Once daughter moves out things will change as LOML wool moves indoors 7 x 55ltr tubs of sheep alpaca etc etc.
    Ray

Pat said I could come over and pick up the above timber any time as he didn't want it
    I'm sure I could find some space for it (maybe in the kids cubbyhouse)
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Page 8 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast