Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default pump vibrraattiion

so i found a few old pumps/motors in a shed i have to pull down.

i got this old rega twin rotart piston spray pump going but like all there old pumps it vibrates sompthing awfull. i wanna be able to put ti in the back of the ute and not have it dance around and make a dinn.

teh marino pump i have been using dose the same i just tie it on with ropes and it cant move around but it makes a hell of a noise.

if i mount this pump on a wooden frame thats also got my 400l spray tank on it will that dampen the vibration or will it just vibrate teh lot around. especialy when the tanks geting low.

would i have to put rubber mounts under it? would this help or hinder my efforts. i have some old rubbers from the shockers on teh ute here taht will fit nicely if its gunna help.

www.carlweiss.com.au
    Mobile Sawmilling & Logging Service
    8" & 10" Lucas Mills, bobcat, 4wd tractor, 12 ton dozer, stihl saws.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Just thinking slightly out of the square, I have in the dark distant past suspended a pump using 4 large springs [from an old trampoline]. Keep the current base and add a new one underneath with a leg up in each corner like an old 4 poster bed, bend the tops of the legs in at 45 degrees, make a hole for the spring and hang the current base over the new one. I also added casters but I wasn't using it in a ute nor was it as heavy as what you propose but the idea does work.

Hope it helps, regards,
    Bob

the way this thing jumps i would need to have springs down aswell but that aint a bad idea.

www.carlweiss.com.au
    Mobile Sawmilling & Logging Service
    8" & 10" Lucas Mills, bobcat, 4wd tractor, 12 ton dozer, stihl saws.

I think Bob's on the right track, Carl. It's out of square. Undo the pump mounts and run the motor while you hold the pump and see if you can move the pump around until you have square, then try and re-bolt it in that position. I have a similar pump and it's quiet and smooth. If all else fails I have a small universal (CV joint) that I could send you.