Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Devlin Design Dipper project

since finishing my yellowtail i have been as a loss, i have nothing to think about when lying in bed ( have i glued this did i put enough clamps on that) except the obvious

in need another project to feed this disese and after much thinking about a restoration project i have decided against the idea, and have instead gone back to a design i looked at before building my Yellowtail, Devlin Designs Dipper i had previously dismised this build as i thought it would be way beyond my capabilitys
    i dont know what it is about this boat but i just keep going back and having another look at the pics on Devlins site but i think a few of the reasons are it has a nice cossy cabin to keep you warm and dry and it only requires up to a 15hp motor for power (i'm not one of these people who need to be doing mach 5 across the water) 7-8 knots is fine for me

it would be a two year project as the cost will be concideratly more then building my Yellowtail, so would need to be spread out a bit plus i wouldnt be starting her till October time this year

plus at what time do you think i should share this good news to my girlfriend

anyway here she is, any coments are more than welcome

Specifications Length 16' 8" Beam 7' 2" Draft 1' 5" Weight 1,300 lbs Speed 7 - 8 knots Power 10 - 15 HP outboard

=

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Boy, that came out of the blue She looks very cosy and very useful, and I'm with you about power and speed. Terrific idea Richard, I'd better just go and look at the site. No mast, though...but great for bobbing around fishing.

SECRET. DESTROY AFTER READING THIS: SOAK THIS MESSAGE IN A PINT, THEN EAT IT.
    As to the girlfriend, do it gradually, gently, the odd pic lying around on the couch, the odd remark about how useful a boat like that would be if ever you had the time- not that you'd be so silly- Oh I s'pose I might think about it one day...get a bit restless sometimes and you KNOW how difficult I can become when I don't have a project on the go....

Best time to break idea to girlfriend is when her ears, nose & fingers are
    blue with cold whilst on an outing in Domino in filthy weather. Make sure she
    is thoroughly miserable first, but not so miserable as to tell you where to
    stick boating in general, and another build in particular.
    HTH
    AJ

Quote Originally Posted by rob540 View Post
    Boy, that came out of the blue She looks very cosy and very useful, and I'm with you about power and speed. Terrific idea Richard, I'd better just go and look at the site. No mast, though...but great for bobbing around fishing.
    yeh it was a bit Rob but i just keep going back to this design, i don't know what it is about it i just love it

i love this bow on shot

i know it dosn't have a mast but thats what Domino's for, i'll use the Yellowtail for fishing for the next two seasons and when this new Dipper project is ready and in the water i can make the mast and fit the centre board for Domino and use her for sailing, that way i'll get the best out of each boat guess i'll have to learn to sail first though

there is no way i will ever sell the Yellowtail shes just to nice a boat and everyone that see's her coment on what a beauty she is, it makes me so proud to have built her.