Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for someone to carve a gargoyle and snakes

hi to all the Carvers

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a little job (paid of course)to carve a gargoyle and a couple of snakes ?

I have a client who has asked me to design and build a house for her pet snake, as she unable to find one of a suitable luxurious standard for her scaly friend .

this is what I have come up with so far for the design of the actual snake house
    Attachment 100569 Attachment 100570

My client has mostly approved the design thus far.....with one exception being the finial at the top. Instead of a turned finial she would love it if I could put a little gargoyle in its place. The dimensions would be roughly around 140mm x 90mm (yet to be finalised ) and I would think it would kinda look something like this handsome fellow:

Attachment 100571

or something similar

Also.....The preliminary sketch above doesn't show it yet.....but on the stiles of the face frame there will be some fluting and couple of rosettes (inset at the location indicated). At my only half serious suggestion my client, instead of traditional rosettes would really like something with carved snakes .

So....is there anyone out there with the skills, talent and desire to help me complete this Chippendale/Gothic inspired luxury serpent accommodation. At this point Im really just making enquiries as to whether or not the addition of these little details will be financially viable for my client...though talking with her so far.....nothing is too good for her snakey companion

please help
    BD

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hey!-anyone is awake down there? You guys won't respond to something SO sweet?....snakes and gargoyles , who could believe it ...Brown Dog , if you can add some skulls to this design , I may come all the way from Spain to do this...c'mon , nobody' ve asked me to do something like this in 12 years-don't let it go!
    It's a slow and painful process...the secret is, dont mind the pain.(Ian Norbury)

smile and the world will smile with you

Brown Dog , if you can add some skulls to this design , I may come all the way from Spain to do this
    thanks for the offer Artesano ....though Im am a little reluctant to give any more suggestions to this lady, the design I have presented is highly simplified compared to the original ideas that were floating around in her head. Which probably would have taken me several years to complete and have been the masterpiece creation of my life time.....a little bit of overkill for a snake house me thinks

oh , man..... you imagine Mikelangelo sayng to the Pope "Too much painting , it will take months to paint the ceiling , how about coupla angels here and there , and it will be over in a week-end"?
    It's a slow and painful process...the secret is, dont mind the pain.(Ian Norbury)

Sounds like quite the interesting project. Your client's name doesn't happen to be Tara Moss, does it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
    Sounds like quite the interesting project. Your client's name doesn't happen to be Tara Moss, does it ?
    No unfortunately....she is just your every day garden variety obsessive reptile owner

BD I had to get a totem pole carved about a year ago - well it didn't actually get built.....budget etc..
    Well I got in contact with a group of carvers from one of those Sydney working with wood shows.

I havent the foggiest but I think they were called The Australian Wood carvers association or something. It was either the Newcastle or Illawara chapter?

Or you could call this bloke.

http://ozsculpture.com.au/index.html

Thanks Bleedin

Another forum member has messaged me that he can put me in touch with some carvers from the the Sydney Wood carvers group....so unless any of the resident carvers, whose work I may never have commented on but really admire is willing to take up the job...i will probably go with his offer

cheers
    BD

SYDNEY WOODCARVERS GROUP\
    and we are all over sydney 5 groups all up
    if u click the link at thr end of this post you can see our work
    DANGER!!!!
    I'm Dyslexic Spelling may offend!!!!!

there is one other carver that carves full time that i know
    he has been in Aus woodworker and does work for a snooker shop in the wast of sydney, as well as others
    DANGER!!!!
    I'm Dyslexic Spelling may offend!!!!!

Hi Brown Dog.
    Haven't checked here for a while been too busy carving!
    I'm based in Melbourne and do mainly miniature work (but have been known to throw a chainsaw around too!) and your job looks up my alley. Haven't worked out the photo post thingy yet but can happily e-mail you some photo samples if you interested or having trouble finding someone closer.

What's the wood to be?

Default Snakehouse

Browndog,

I have emailed you a couple of examples of my work. Bernard

Thanks Carvin Mark and Movay have sent PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast