Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Buying a 'Plug it'

I would like to get just the "plug it". Festool used to sell these but no longer. In fact I would like a couple of pairs of these. I am hoping to run a cable up inside the 36mm hose to save some of the floor litter. As well I am thinking of putting a "plug it" on to an old E2 sander.

Ant ideas?
    Otzi

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Join the queue. I have been looking for the last 8 months and keep getting the bum steer.

PS.. good luck

the only thing i can think of is ebay.co.uk.
    there is a uk company who specialize in festool on the ebay site.
    i have no idea how much shipping to australia would be.

i would like some plug its too, if we organized between us, i am sure we could work something out, this would keep the shipping costs down i think.

p.s. they have 240 volts for domestic every day use and 110 volts for construction sites in uk. we just need to order the 240 volt version, so it is possible.
    regards, justin.

Otzi - which plug-it part were you looking for in particular?

What a lot of people are looking for are the plug-it tails used to convert non-plug-it tools to plug-it. But these have been discontinued.

Plug-it repair kits are still available. These are the plug-it end you can use to replace a damaged plug-it lead.

Plug-it cables are of course available in 4m and 7m lengths.

I would strongly advise against running a cable down the centre of an extraction hose. It is likely to have its insulation damaged and cause failure of safety issues. Festool's plug-it hose with integrated lead has the lead protected within another plastic chenel within the hose.

To declutter when using a 36mm hose, the best solution is to use velcro tape to attach the lead to the hose at close intervals.

i would agree with anthony for the running of the lead with in the hose....1 hour earlier when i was checking the hooks on our new festool premium shop i noticed a swing tag for the much sort after plug it converter that everyone has been looking for. It was a shock to me as we had known they had been discontinued for the past 6months from feed back from the Festool service department. I will find out on monday & place a post back on this thread if they are coming back again. if true i know we will be placing a bulk order for the service department as they have been begging me for them for the last 6months

cheers,

Team VEK TOOLS
    www.vektools.com.au

just got confirmation that the plug it conversion kit is not available anymore....i think I knew deep down but was wishfully thinking i might of been wrong. The problem was that modifying a tool to accept plug it was opening up the liability to Festool for other brands that were not approved to aus standards with that option

Cheers,

Team VEK TOOLS
    www.vektools.com.au

Default festool plug it

ok, i have done some research, i can get festool plug its, 240 volts from the uk.
    the procedure is...i will get my brother to order for me, he lives in the uk. postage is free anywhere in the uk, but obviously we have to pay to get items shipped down under.

they will cost $30 each plus $5 for postage. total = $35 per item.

i am ordering 20 for my own tools, i will send order on 01/05/09.

anybody that wants to order plug its needs to send me a PM.

i will then ask for 100% deposit up front. sorry about this, but i have been burnt to many times in the past, buying tools for workmates from ebay, we all learn the hard way i guess!

BTW, if you want to check out the ebay seller on ebay.co.uk
    the sellers name is healystools. the plug its are selling for 13 pounds and 11 pence.

no time wasters, thanks, justin