Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thumbs up PDRacer Transport System Plans almost complete at last !

Hi Everyone,

After spending another 8 hours on the instructions yesterday, I just need to write the section on finishing off, and finish the materials list for each section.

So I can confidently say it will be ready to upload by Monday night, or Tuesday morning, at the latest.

It will be available then, from my website, I will make a post when it is uploaded with the appropriate link as soon as it's ready.

The total estimated time ( I do not remember keeping an accurate track of how long it took to do the CAD Modelling ) is a minimum of 80 hours, for making the plans only.

This has given me a whole new perspective on what Michael goes through when he writes up a plan, and how long he must take to do the job as well as he does, as my 'Single Handed PDRacer Transport System and Launching Trolley', are much simpler designs than even the 'PDRacer' itself.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Thumbs up Free PDRacer Transport System Plans Now Available to Download

Hi Everyone,

It only took another 4 1/2 hours to get the 'Single Handed PDRacer Car Top Transport System and Launching Trolley Plans' finished today, but they are now ready for download in a PDF document, ( 2.08 Mb ) from my webaite.

Here is the link direct to my 'PDRacer' page for downloading
    PDRacer
    the download link is aboit 3/4 of the way down the page, on the right hand side
    with pictures of my transport system and Trolley.

Hi David,

Coolest of the cool . You've put an amazing amount of effort into those plans and they look great! I've just skimmed though the first few pages and they were terrific. You should be very proud - and pleased - with your efforts . Not to mention having the working prototype!

I'm off to peruse them in greater detail right now!

Cheers,
    Alex.

They look really good David. I well know the work you have gone into!

MIK

Thumbs up Info on Cad Pictures used in my plans

Hi Everyone,

I just thought that I would mention that all the CAD pictures used in the Single Handed PDRacer Car Top Transport System and Launching Trolley Plans were made with a great freeware 3D Modelling and Animation program caller Anim8tor version 0.95, which can do amazing things, many of which you normally would only find in programs costing a minimum of $500 or more for, there is a site link for this on my websites 'Useful Links' page.

The transparency for each material I set to 50% so you could better see holes, and how everything fits together easier, the parts have been made to a scale that results in the grid lines being equal to 38mm Square for simplicity in scaling the parts.

Thumbs up always something to do

Hi Everyone,

I will be getting back to work on my PDRacer again next week, I have an annual rent inspection this week, so I don't want to make a mess sanding back the hull before the inspection on Thursday.

I'm glad, to get so positive replies about the PDRacer Transport System Plans, it seems in hindsight that I finished them off just in time, to prepare for the annual rent inspection.

On the weekend, my cars' lower radiator hose split, it wasn't too bad, and it got me home, where I was able to make temporary repairs, so I could get a replacement.

Things didn't all go to plan, but I got home again with the new bottom radiator hose, only to discover I needed a new hose clamp as well, this only became apparent after trying to refit it on the newly installed radiator hose.

I had to wait until today to use public transport to get another hose clamp, but at least it's fixed now.

Thumbs up Back at work on my PDRacer at last !

Hi Everyone,

I have finally got the hull sanded and added filler ( car body filler ) where needed, I am just waiting for the filler to harden properly ( 24 hours so far, and it still clogs non- clogging sand paper ! ), as it has been very cold ( at least for Perth WA - minimums from -0.6 to 4 degrees Celsius ! ) for the last 2 weeks.

I hope to get the filler sanded back, and apply the first topcoat Tomorrow, as we are expecting rain on Thursday, to last about 5 days according to the weather forecasts ( which never seem accurate on the point of us getting rain, or not, however the temperatures are usually pretty close most of the time ! ).

Hi David,

The weather bureau here in Sydney seems to be reading from the same script - they get the temps pretty well smack on, but one look at the prognostic chart and the satellite images and you know (and Blind Freddy would too) that the rain isn't coming anywhere near the place. I don't know why they bother saying even "chance of showers", I really don't. Must be something that their lawyers put them up to (remember the Sydney-Hobart ten years ago?). Mind you, that is an overly simplistic view, even though it seems to hold reasonably OK for west-to-east/south rain movement. If moisture-laden air gets as far as the Tasman (often it gets sucked down south befoerhand by the Antarctic Polar Vortex, see also Wikipedia's stub entry which refers to the previous link), the dynamics change somewhat. And the Sydney Basin seems to be a law unto itself recently. I've spen a lot of time watching the rain go around the basin whether it comes from any direction. I'm not a meteorologist, though, even though it might seems that I pretend to be one ;).

Anyway, enough of the whining. Good news on the paint, the cold weather (it is winter at these latitudes after all ;) does slow things down a bit. I've got some foils resin-coating that is waiting until I can get the workshop warm enough - hopefully today :).

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
    Alex.

Thumbs up Back at work on my PDRacer at last !

Hi everyone,

From the picture below you can see why I have decided to give the hull another coat of undercoat first, before even thinking about the color coats.

Attachment 141177

View of hull after filling is almost complete and harshly sanding with 80 grit sandpaper.

After finishing off the sanding today, I will be applying another ( 3rd ) coat of undercoat, and in about a week, lightly sanding it back with 120 grit sandpaper to prepare for the first colour coat ( I believe it will be smooth enough then ).

An update to the weather in Perth, we are now expecting severe storms Tomorrow, and over the next week, with winds up to 90 km/h, and up to 50mm of rain in just the next 2 days !.

Thumbs up No matter how hard you try, you always miss a spot.

Hi Everyone,

Just a new picture showing the new coat of undercoat, however there is just 1 spot I forgot to fill, I will have to fill it later, and apply a patch of undercoat before resanding the hull completely.

Attachment 141187

Thumbs up PDRacer hull painting coming along nicely

Hi Everyone,

Here are some more pictures of my PDRacer hull, now that the painting is continuing:

Attachment 141823
    3rd coat of undercoat lightly sanded with 120 grit sandpaper.

Attachment 141824
    1st red enamel coat applied by 3" brush ( will fill in any more minor imperfections that remain ), I used Dulux Super Enamel, exterior house paint ( this has always worked well for my radio control model boats, and is impact resistant at least on the R/C models when running aground on rocks or rubbing against other R/C models ).

As you can see there will need to be around 2 more coats of enamel to finish off ( sanding back between each coat ), to get it as smooth as I can, at around 1 week intervals.

I will have to try and prepare my mast for assembly, shape the boom and yard, and my foils still need shaping, the tiller/rudderbox also needs final sanding etc, I will try to do some of this while the paint dries ( weather permitting, as most of it needs to be done outside !.

Cool! Er, I mean, hot! Nice :).

Cheers,
    Alex.