Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: More stitching

Default More stitching

For a present intended for last Christmas thankfully the recipient's friendship is still holding. Made from curly Tea Tree roots, copper wire, brass wire, cotton, wool and glass beads.
    Attachment 103342

Attachment 103343

Attachment 103344

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I love it. Very nesty. I've got some fleece here that might be good for that sort of thing. Maybe a bit more "arty" than cotton wool.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)
    Follow my little workshop/gallery on facebook. things of clay and wood.

Quote Originally Posted by tea lady View Post
    I love it. Very nesty. I've got some fleece here that might be good for that sort of thing. Maybe a bit more "arty" than cotton wool.
    Thanks tea lady, it was going to be boxy thing but I've got an aversion to cutting wood straight and square so it became a nest as it's to hold something within so it's like wrapping really, I thought of making a top, like a dome with painted sky and a cloud or two and a bird but have thought otherwise just to keep it open, it's probably a one off dunno?

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    ....but I've got an aversion to cutting wood straight and square ....
    You too!

I like the nest, unusual and looks incredibly initricate. So, do you have any 'nesting' feelings now

cheers
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by RufflyRustic View Post
    You too!

I like the nest, unusual and looks incredibly initricate. So, do you have any 'nesting' feelings now

cheers
    Wendy
    "Nesting feelings" may be due to my daughter being so far away in England on her quest to see the world or as many parts there of. She has found work as a temporary primary teacher. While the country children on the whole are well behaved the inner London children are anything but! So far she's been punched, kicked, had her hair pulled, bitten, yes bitten, had scissors thrown at her and threatened by a marauding mother with eight children Should make her appreciate "the nest" more now

Far out! She's one game teacher! I hope things get better... I wonder how many times she's clicked her heels and wished she was home

I can sometimes sit in the classroom HERE and wish I was home, she has my fullest sympathies

Quote Originally Posted by RufflyRustic View Post
    Far out! She's one game teacher! I hope things get better... I wonder how many times she's clicked her heels and wished she was home
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    I can sometimes sit in the classroom HERE and wish I was home, she has my fullest sympathies
    Yeah coping with people, even little ones can sometimes be trying. I have every faith in her abilities and very proud of her caring nature. Today a girl asked "in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comaustralia</ST1</st1:country-region>, what do you sleep in? what sort of houses i mean, like do you live in teepees or is that just in <ST1africa</ST1?".