Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
    Tiny Stitches Guest

Default Wizard Staves in Australia for a wedding

Hello all,

I'm looking for someone to create 3 staves for our medieval/gothic/halloween wedding in Australia.

Found a great site in the US but of course they can't post wood overseas and would cost a small fortune either way!

I am the bride and am looking for a staff for myself and one each for my 2 attendants. Does anyone know of anyone in SA that might be able to create these for me? There was a gentleman at last year's working with wood show that had some lovely staves and walking sticks among other carved items but for the life of me I cannot remember his name - he's from Waitpinga which is really close to home!

The wedding is in October so I thought I ought to give whomever my creator is as much time as possible!

Thanks in advance

Leah.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Tiny Stitches Guest

Hi!

Is no one able to help at all? Have I posted this in the wrong area?

I'm really beginning to run out of time and ideas, please, surely someone has a lead for me to try? Doesn't have to be in SA, just in Australia would be helpful.

Thanks

Do you have anything in particular in mind? Perhaps a few URLs to pics of similar staves?

Not that I'm putting my hand up, mind, but you've piqued my curiosity...
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Tiny Stitches Guest

Default Staves - with pics!

They don't need to be as fancy of these but they will give you an idea. The one with the ash staves in it is probably more what I'm looking for - just polished wood, simple.. If I could get a topper on one like Gandalf's (the white one) then it would be incredible!! but not life or death.
    Thanks

just how much are you willing to spend this will get some peoples interest

100$
    smile and the world will smile with you

Tiny Stitches Guest

Default Pricing

How much am I willing to spend? Well that would depend on how intricate it is and what the creator believes it is worth - I guess that's a bit of a consultational process there!!

I'd be willing to pay up to $100 - $150 for mine, thinking that it would be a little more intricate (or different) than the other 2 but there's no way I could afford $150 each for all 3 for example. But as I said, it depends on the article - I'd expect to pay less for the plainer polished ones than I would one with carving or some focal point at the top.

A Twisted Oak staff is available in the US for $65 - I can provide the link if anyone would like. The only hassle is that they don't ship to Australia and it would probably never get through customs in anycase!!

Hope this is of some help.

Tiny

keeping in mind that I'm in Sydney and am not [yet] putting up my hand can you provide the URL you refer to and provide some idea of the length and diameter you require
    regards from Alberta, Canada

ian

I'm intrigued, really nobody here in Adelaide can help you? PM me and I am sure we will work something out.

Will do Tiny Stitches. I have sent you a private message.

T

These were made from a single straight trunk of scentless rosewood, so its all carved.

https://www.woodworkforums.com/showth...t=walkingstick

here is a walking stick l made but it didn't fit anybody, so it's still around unused
    if interested

can strong recommending Frank he makes nice stuff we need him to get away from turning next he will be hooked on pens

hope the link works brain not working to good

Tiny Stitches Guest

I think I've pmed most that I needed to. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to another site but I will and if I'm in the wrong, let me know and I'll remove it quicksmart. Just thought it might give more insight and inspiration as to what I'm looking for.

http://www.alivans.com/custom/web/li...0&pageid=42143

Thanks again to all.

Leah.

Thanks for the recommendation Arty . I actually recommended you to Leah if a more "natural" style is required. I am not into pens, but I am sure you can make beautiful "organic" ones... a stave will be just an oversized pen, won't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank&Earnest View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation Arty . I actually recommended you to Leah if a more "natural" style is required. I am not into pens, but I am sure you can make beautiful "organic" ones... a stave will be just an oversized pen, won't it?
    good to hear about the pen

pen, sword, stave,,,, there all the same

and its ok to put links on and welcome it all help

Default I'm the whittler from Waitpinga SA

Dear Tiny Stitches,

I'm the guy you met at the Working With Wood Show in Adelaide last year. My name is Doug and you can contact me on the following email address

[email protected]

I'd love to talk to you about the staves you need.

I'll look forward to hearing from you soon.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Stitches View Post
    Hello all,

I'm looking for someone to create 3 staves for our medieval/gothic/halloween wedding in Australia.

Found a great site in the US but of course they can't post wood overseas and would cost a small fortune either way!

I am the bride and am looking for a staff for myself and one each for my 2 attendants. Does anyone know of anyone in SA that might be able to create these for me? There was a gentleman at last year's working with wood show that had some lovely staves and walking sticks among other carved items but for the life of me I cannot remember his name - he's from Waitpinga which is really close to home!

The wedding is in October so I thought I ought to give whomever my creator is as much time as possible!

Thanks in advance

Leah.