Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

I've not tried this but what you say appears to be correct.

Cheers

Mark

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Mark, one more question.

I think I read a conversation from somewhere about the KA & KB relay being stuck for someone. Did he finally get it to work - to confirm that it should be operational? Using this relay is one option for the water pump ON/OFF, it would start and stop with the spindle. Though it wouldn't hurt if the water kept flowing for a while after the spindle has stopped. And finally, will the KA & KB be operational via the Mach Plugin for HuanYang, as far as you know?

Thanks,
    /Risto

Hi Risto

I believe the problem with the relay was poor solder joint and was fixed. As far as Mach control of KA KB I would say no ... sort of. The VFD controls the relay and you can configure on what signal it does this however I don't think you can directly address the relay.

Cheers

Default EMC2 HAL Component

Guys, I have finally got a EMC2 userspace HAL component written to talk to the Huanyang VFD. I have posted the source code for the component and pyVCP panel files over on CNCzone.

Huanyang VFD RS485 / Modbus - Page 3 - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net!

Some testing would be much appreciated. Any EMC users?

Scott

Default Is this gap normal?

Quote Originally Posted by mhasting2004 View Post
    Hi Risto

I believe the problem with the relay was poor solder joint and was fixed. As far as Mach control of KA KB I would say no ... sort of. The VFD controls the relay and you can configure on what signal it does this however I don't think you can directly address the relay.

Cheers
    Thanks Mark,

Haven't had much time for the spindle but I hope I can get it running today. One thing I noticed was a strange 0.6mm gap in the spindle, anyone have this too or should I get worried?

Default Thoughts about tool change and ATC

Mark & all, I noticed your discussion about ATC.

I'm using a CAM program with tool library where tool Z length offset for each tool should be recorded. My current spindle has a stop so that all the tools stop in in a certain measure in Z direction and therefore there has been no problem to measure and set the tool Z offset for each tool.

I've never used ER collets before and with this spindle I can now see a problem arising because the tools can go very deep inside the spindle without anything stopping them - thus no reference point for them. The collets in my set of collets do not have a notch to stop the tool from advancing thru it. The collets are so short that such a notch would not be a good thing with longer tools IMO. When the G-code program moves to tool change position and awaits for the next tool it will be a difficult task in this situation to set the new tool to the exact height programmed in the tool offset database.

I haven't had time to think this over yet but what I did is that I sent linearmotionbearings2008 a question if the spindle could be equipped with a Morse size taper instead. Even with manual tool change it would make things so much easier if each tool would be in its own MT1 or MT2 chuck and measured in beforehand (MT3 is too large for the 2.2kW spindle shaft). The next step would be to have the chuck changed automatically i.e. ATC.

I think this ATC uses this same type spindle we have, only the 4kW version of it with a shaft which can adopt the MT3 size Morse Taper chuck:

CNC Automatic Tool Change Spindle, 4000W - eBay (item 120489879906 end time Jan-05-10 11:01:42 PST)

I'm not an expert in Morse Tapers or in tool holders in general for that matter, so I would like to hear more of what you guys have been thinking and how you are going to solve the tool change situation with this spindle and it's ER20 collet.

Regards,
    /Risto

PS. Here's a link to Morse taper sizes. By using Morse tapers chucks it would be no problem to use different ER sizes as well as chucks with different ER sizes are available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_taper

PPS. Got a reply from linearmotionbearings2008, nothing but ER collet tapers available. The quick reply from him on Saturday obviously means that he has no intention to even ask the factory about this. Way to go would then be to see if the shaft can be taken off safely and then machined...

Quote Originally Posted by ftec View Post
    .....One thing I noticed was a strange 0.6mm gap in the spindle, anyone have this too or should I get worried?
    Others seem to have this too so no worries, just wanted to be sure.

The spindle now runs nicely with 0-10V sígnal control. FOR and REV switching works well too (connected as desciribed in a pic I sent earlier). Uuh, how I love the silent run - almost quieter than my shaving machine - compared to the 84dB of my current Bosch.

Can anyone please help me with this one? I have a control speed control board. The speed control is to be done via step and direction mode in Mach3. I connected the VFD with the spindle control board and then the board is connected with the pmdx 122 using J8 pin 14 and ground. I set the onboard relay J7 with pmdx 122 as well and that is working fine. I can even change the voltage according to the speed set in mach3. If I set the speed for 12000 RPM then the meter reads 5V at the terminal ACM and VI. And with the speed 24000 the meter reads 10V. There is no problem with that. It seems that the VFD does not respond to that changes. My spindle set-up tab is as follows:
    Use motor control-ticked
    Step/Dir motor-ticked
    Disable spindle relays-not ticked
    Motor outputs spindle enabled step pin 14 port pin 1. Outputs tab for spindle relay is output1 pin1 port 1.
    Anyone please?

Don't have my manual in front of me right now but my guess is that you havent set the parameters in the VFD to get speed settings from the analog input.

Cheers
    Mark

Hmmm, I have Pd001 and 002 set to 1 and Pd070 set to 0. Is there anything else needed to be changed in order to get the VFD to respond to 0-10V control?

Quote Originally Posted by martin77pl View Post

.... It seems that the VFD does not respond to that changes. ...
    Does it run at all or only on one fixed frq, perhaps 50 or 60 Hz?

I also have:

PD044=02 for FOR rotation
    PD045=03 for REV Rotation
    PD046=04 for Stop

See the picture in a previous post from me for the connection this applies to. I use it to start/stop and change direction with relays. When I first got the spindle running using the external start and stop it first run only on 50Hz and did not follow the voltage level command. There was one more PD (ex those given by the seller) with a factory setting of 50 and I had to change that to 400 but there may have been something else too, I just went thru the registers checking them with the manual one by one and changed all that were related to external control.

Default Huanyang Plugin

FYI Matty Zee has released his Huanyang VFD plugin for Mach. Check it out here:

Huanyang VFD controller plugin

Cheers

Mark

Mark
    Attached is a picture of my Huanyang terminal setup - as I said, I can't seem to find either the R+ or the R- terminals.
    Cheers
    Noel

Hey guys,

I need some help to get the final problem resolved with my VFD.
    I want to control my spindle via Mach and I have resolved the PWM issues up to the VFD. So in fact, I can vary the voltage VI to the unit via the Homann GX board, but I can't get the spindle to start when I apply a voltage to the VFD interfaces.

I read this thread and tried to do all that has been suggested. So this is what I have configured in my spindle.

PD001 = 1
    PD002 = 1
    PD004 = 400
    PD005 = 400
    PD070 = 0
    PD072 = 400

I have also wired the GX board as follows:

GX ---------- VFD

AGnd -- ACM
    Vout -- Vi
    Ant -- Vr (+10V) - This is setup on the GX in DC-DC mode.

So, I have tried to connect the ACM pins to both of the ACM inputs on the VFD and neither work.

What I have noticed is that the unit doesn't light up in FWD or REV mode. Do I need to connect an output from the GX (relay) to trigger the direction before this wil work? I havn't done this as yet as it is unclear in the GX manuals, which are very light on in detail to the available outputs and functionality of these outputs?

Any ideas welcome as I'm about to throw a hissy fit in frustration.

/Michael

Hi Mike,

I haven't hooked up my Huanyang VFD. If fact I haven't even powered it up. I bought a Hitachi X200. I have ony run it from the fron't panel at this stage.

But, IIRC you need to set a mode parameter to tell the VFD to use the control signal input instead of the Keypad. It should be in the manual. I don't have it at hand.

I know that Greg has set up a VFD to work in this manner, so maybe he can answer.

Cheers,

Peter.