Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Hey Peter,

My understanding is that PD001 & PD002 set this. With these enabled to 1 I am unable to drive the spindle from the front panel.

I'm stumped

EDIT: Just noticed the XLS spreadsheet has PD001/002 set to 2. Must go and try this.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Okay i've worked it out. In addition to setting the PD values correctly, there is a need on my unit to activate it by pressing the RUN button. This makes the display stop flashing and sets it to RUN mode i suppose. All directions from MACH3 then work the spindle.

I am stumped that I have had to go through all this work to get a solution that works. I still haven't worked out why the G540 didn't work.

/Michael

Hi Michael

I don't have the manual infront of me but from memory there is a parameter that sets where the run and stop commands come from (keypad, comms or DC inputs). I assume that you want to run the speeds from the analog 0-10vdc input and used relays/optos to start and stop using the breakout board?

Its been awhile since I did it this way but from memory you need to sink the inputs to ground as they have internal pullups. Double check the manual as I don't want to steer you wrong. If this is the case then maybe the way you have wired up to the GX? breakout board may be wrong.

If the excel spreedsheet is the one I think it is, then its the one I created for my setup which is using comms to control the VFD.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I do need to sit down and make my own spreadsheet with all my settings.
    In the last 3 days I have read so many posts, websites and manuals I have lost track of what I read.

Given the unit is running, which was my main priority, I can now focus on tweeking it to be driven the way I want. I'll read the HY manual tomorrow for some light satirical reading and once the galze fades i'm sure i'll get it running the way I want.

I think i'm going to consolidate all that I've learnt in the last couple of days and add a tab to my website for others to reference off. Half the battle is understanding how a solution is derived from so many intermediate components.

/M

Hi Mike

Just had a quick look at the manual and :

PD001 and PD002 should be set to 1 in your case

I think you have mis quoted PD070 and PD072 as those numbers don't make sense.

The other ones that would need to be set correctly, (depending on which input you are using and for what action), are PD044 thru PD048.

As I thought, you need to sink current to activate the inputs (I was just doing it manually when I was playing with this by shorting inputs to DCM)

I was trying to use E-stop input while still controlling the VFD from the comms port and I never got that to work (aparently inputs are ignored if PD001 and PD002 are set to comms port ie 2)

Good luck

Mark

Thanks Mark for the feedback.

I got PD070 & PD072 from a previous post between you and Rosco on post #100 in this thread.
    I had the same setting at 50, so changed it to ensure it wasn't my issue.

/M

Default Need some Help

Guys,

I have the Gecko G540 setup to control my VFD, but for some reason the G540 is outputting 0.1Vdc to the VFD, even when the Estop is enabled.

I have a service call in with gecko and Marcus mentioned that i should try setting the VFD to 0 when it sees the 0.1Vdc.

Looking through the manual I'm not sure what I should be setting. several options look viable.

PD010 - Min Voltage
    PD011 - Frequency lower limit (set this to whats being outputted with 0.1Vdc incoming

Any thoughts? I have requested further feedback on this comment but I've not received any feedback as yet.

* What is strange is that with nothing connected to the g540, other than the motors and +10V and controls to the spindle there is the 0.1V on Vi. I think there is some bleed in the system

/M

Okay,

Just in case someone else has my same problem, I set the following PD values

My incoming frequency (converted) from the G540 was between 2.0 and 2.5Hz

PD027 = 3.0
    PD028 = 3.0

Its a hack, but seems to work.

/Michael

Hi
    Can anyone tell me whether it is OK to have the VFD turned on to make adjustments to the settings without have anything (such as a spindle) connected to the output terminals.

Bob
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Bob,

It shouldn't cause any problems.

I would actually recommend enterering the minimum settings to enable the spindle, without connecting the motor to the output terminals. This ensures you won't start the unit with improper settings which may cause damage to the motor as has been made by some. ie: not setting the minimum frequency to 120Hz for the air cooled units so the fan works.

/Michael

Thanks for that Mike.

I'll give it a go.

Bob
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

OK I am getting confused.
    First off, The VFD I have doesn't have any markings on it to say that it is a Huanyang VFD nor does it have any other name plate on it. All it says on the outside is 220V 1.5KW

Aoron sent me the attached piece of paper when he sent me the VFD and I then downloaded the manual he said to download.

I entered the codes but I have no idea how to check if they are set in the VFD properly. Every time I try to check this, it seems to reset to the factory defaults, but it may be that I am pressing the wrong buttons. The extensive manual is neither well written nor entirely English. Also, the picture of the VFD in the manual does not seem to be the one for this VFD.

When I return to the screen after programing the VFD, The power and hertz light remain constant on and the rev lights flash on/off and show r00.00
    Some of the manual PDO codes are below.

Category Code Function Set Range & Function Explanation Factory Setting Basic Parameters
    PD000 Parameter Lock 0Invalid 1Valid 0
    PD001 Source of Run Commands 0 Operator 1External terminal 2Communication port 0
    PD002 Source of Operating Frequency 0Operator 1External terminal 2Communication port 0

PD003 Main Frequency 0.00~400.00 Hz 0.00
    PD004 Base Frequency 0.01~400.00 Hz 50.00
    PD005 Max Operating Frequency 50.00~400.00 Hz 50.00
    PD006 Intermediate Frequency 0.01~400.00 Hz 2.50/3.0
    PD007 Min. Frequency 0.01~20.00 Hz 0.50
    PD008 Max. Voltage 0.1V—* 220/380
    PD009 Intermediate Voltage 0.1V—* *
    PD010 Min. Voltage 0.1~50.0V *
    PD011 Frequency Lower Limit 0.00~400.00 Hz 0.00
    PD012 Reserved
    PD013 Parameter Reset 00~10 08Restore factory setting. No other function. 00
    PD014 Accel. Time 1 0.1~6500.0S *
    PD015 Decel. Time 1 0.1~6500.0S *
    PD016 Accel. Time 2 0.1~6500.0S *
    PD017 Decel. Time 2 0.1~6500.0S *
    PD018 Accel. Time 3 0.1~6500.0S *
    PD019 Decel. Time 3 0.1~6500.0S *
    PD020 Accel. Time 4 0.1~6500.0S *
    PD021 Decel. Time 4 0.1~6500.0S *
    PD022 Reserved
    PD023 Rev. Rotation Select 0: Rev Run forbidden; 1Rev Run Enable 1
    PD024 STOP key select 0STOP Invalid 1STOP Valid 1
    PD025 Starting Mode 0Start from Starting Frequency 1Frequency track start 0
    PD026 Stopping Mode 0Decelerating stop 1Coasting stop 0
    PD027 Starting Frequency 0.1~10.0 Hz 0.5
    PD028 Stopping Frequency 0.1~10.0 Hz 0.5

The third note (on his letter) tells me to make sure that I set the fan speed to more than 100HZ as otherwise damage and overheating can occur.

I assumed that this would be one of the instructions that he then listed out. It doesn't appear to be, or am I just misreading it all?

Bob
    Bob Willson

Extra to the above.

When I pressed the start button, the fans turned on and over a 10 second time period the display changed to tell me that I was running at 400 revs.
    I then pressed the stop button and over about 10 seconds it slowed to a stop again.

Bob
    Bob Willson

The VFD in all its glory.
    Bob Willson

I have now heard back from Aoron (love-happyshopping) and my problems are now fixed. The main thing that he had neglected to tell me was to enter 3000 into PD144.

Just as well he could tell me this, because I would never have guessed it from the manual

The attached picture and note from him should help any other purchasers of this VFD.
    Bob Willson