Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Joe,

No that is very unusual as they use the same software. However, did you close spindle talker down before using Mach3, as you could be using the same comm port.

/M

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Actually they aren't the same s/w. One is written in C++ and is a dll (plugin) by MattyZee and the other is written in visual basic and is an exe (spindle talker) written by my mate Wayne.However what they do is the same.. output hex strings via the Usb port adapter.Matt and I have both posted a replies on the CNC zone where Joe first posted... upshot is that if you can talk via Spindle talker then the plugin should work. Things that need to be checked are comm port settings and .net versions but at least you know the hardware works when you use spindle talker as it is "blind" with no error checking etc and a much more basic app than the plugin.Joe did you get in contact with Matty?

Thanks Mike, Mark for your replies.

Mike, Well I double checked if not triple checked if there is a connectivity issue. My understanding is that there is something wrong in the reply my VFD is giving and the plugin is initiating an emergency stop to avoid an accident. Spindle talker does not have this safety feature and so it works.

Mark, I have contacted Matty over a PM on cnczone. Hope he gets time to review the serial data file. Meanwhile can you ask your mate who designed the spindle talker if he has a manual of some kind to better understand the Huanyang's code structure? He might atleast have some notes made about the codes while he was making Spindle Talker. It be great if he could share the info.

Joe

I'll have to dig around to find my notes but from memory.. here goes

say you wanty to set the speed of the VFD to 24000rpm. Then the frequency register has to be set to 400.00 hz. Ignoring the decimal this is 9C 40 Hex (40000 decimal)

If you go thru the manual to the section on modbus communications you can decifer the write string

01 05 02 9C 40 the last 2 bytes are the check sum and in this case its D0 3C

Again running from memory the first byte is a write command the second is which PD the third is how long and the 4th and 5th is the data

To start the VFD you send

01 03 01 01 (31 88) .... so (remember ignore the check sum 31 88 as its not a command) Note this is a one byte command

change PD003 to 01

to stop

01 03 01 08 (F1 8E)

Change PD003 to 08

Again I warn that this is from memory and I might have things mixed up a bit but you get the idea. The strings are correct though.

I just remembered that in the case of the start and stop commands its not PD locations but control registries.. again refer to the VFD manual and it should become clearer.

All that spindle talker does is calculate the checksum and send the string . Wayne made a simple interface which sends predetermined strings for sr=tart stop etc but you can manually type in the strings if you want via the advanced mode. It was created as a debugging tool for me and Matty to figure out the strings so unfortunately there is no manual for Spindle Talker.

Hey Guys!

Just an update on the issue i had. Matt has fixed the issue and sent me an updated dll. It works Perfect

I believe Matt is adding some final touches to the dll and testing it. We could expect an official updated release from him soon

Thanks Mike, Mark for your replies and inputs and a Big Thanks to Matt for taking the time to solve the issue for me.

Joe

Good to hear Joe!

I've hopefully fixed an issue I was having... On a fairly regular basis I would loose comms with the VFD which would then initiate an estop. Most of the times it would be after runninga fair bit off code and only at the end when it wanted to stop the spindle would I get the error. Note make sure you enable the stop button on the VFD as it is handy to be able to manually stop the spindle.

I suspected noise and put supressors on the usb cables etc. However yesterday I read how having a 100ohm terminating resistor across the RS+/RS- signals is usefull at the VFD end to stop reflextions. I'm testing this now and so far having good results.

Keep you posted

Good morning all,
    I am a new member to your forum as of yesterday and have found the content of this thread very helpful. Thank You.

Like many of you, I have just purchased the HY 1.5KW 80mm spindle motor and Inverter. It also came with a manual full of funny pictures rather than a text I am familiar with, however a quick search on Google solved that problem. I am in the process of putting together a router table of 1200 X 900 mm, (although it is still in it's infancy) and it is my first attempt at anything CNC.

Without any intent of changing the topic of this thread, I would be interested to know the preffered drive system most of you use. Either Trapazoidal screw thread or rack and pinion. Also what size steppers you are using.

Looking forward to reading many more informative posts and filling the shed full of swarf soon.

Stuart

Hello Stuart and welcome to the forum.

Your question would completely change the intent of this thread and it would really be much better if you were to re-ask the question as a separate thread.

Bob Willson

Thank You Bob,
    I shall have a search through previous topics to see if the question has already been asked elsewhere. If not, I shall post the question.

Stuart.

Still getting intermittant lost comms to VFD which result in a need to exit Mach to re establish thought I had cracked it with the terminator resistor.

Time to crack out the scope (sorry, crow) and have a closer look.

Quick update.. turns out I had a dodgy usb cable. Fingers crossed but so far the quality replacement one has been working with no comms droped flaws.

Moral of the story... wiring is often the cause of headaches

Default please confirm

hi every one. can some one please humour me and confirm that. on the no name vfd.....
    as far as supply connections go.
    r is active and s is neutral...
    thanks...

See also bottom of page 12