Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian_Child View Post
    See also bottom of page 12
    I only go up to page 8.

Bob Willson

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

thanks bob and bc. you i got the motor spinning first go today. its a 3hp 3 phase lathe motor.
    now it wont run after i changed line 1 and 2 and a few others.
    thanks again
    aaron

Default odd voltages

hi. how is every one.
    im getting ready to set some of the controls up for my vfd driving my lathe.
    So i checked some of the voltages and they seem to be to high.
    the +10v was giving me a reading of 44vac
    the dcm was reading in the 30v range.
    i did try using the search engine to sort this out but no luck. can some one
    please tell me what ive done wrong...
    aaron

Aaron,

From memory you should get 10 volts between AI and VR.
    Also, this is DC so please check you have the multimeter correctly setup with scale and DC settings and that your probes are in the voltage and not current inlets. Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs.

You should also see 10 volts between VR and ACM ( from memory)

Tell me how you go and report back more detail. Well try to help you sort it out. Maybe a get together would help as I'm also in Melbourne.

Q. Can you use these VFD's effectively to drive 3 phase motors on say a milling machine or industrial lathe. I just bought a large horizontal mill and I'm thinking of buying a 10 amp inverter ( expect to pay about $400 for it) which will give me full control of the machine. These VFD's work at 400 hz so I would expect the motor needs to suit ( which the spindles do) but do the other motors too? I am also led to believe that the VFD will not allow speed control of the mill (I don't quite get why this is the case)

Default opps

Quote Originally Posted by seafurymike View Post
    Aaron,

From memory you should get 10 volts between AI and VR.
    Also, this is DC so please check you have the multimeter correctly setup with scale and DC settings and that your probes are in the voltage and not current inlets. Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs.

You should also see 10 volts between VR and ACM ( from memory)

Tell me how you go and report back more detail. Well try to help you sort it out. Maybe a get together would help as I'm also in Melbourne.
    hi mike great nic name you have thanks for your input what part of melb are you from. i did check it in dc. t5he readings i was getting were in tenths of volts range but im going to check again.
    aaron

Default hi again.

Q. Can you use these VFD's effectively to drive 3 phase motors on say a milling machine or industrial lathe. I just bought a large horizontal mill and I'm thinking of buying a 10 amp inverter ( expect to pay about $400 for it) which will give me full control of the machine. These VFD's work at 400 hz so I would expect the motor needs to suit ( which the spindles do) but do the other motors too? I am also led to believe that the VFD will not allow speed control of the mill (I don't quite get why this is the case)
    im using mine for a 3ph lathe so far the speed control has worked.i have a 2.2kw 10 am vfd. what sort of mill did you buy.
    aaron

Default hi again.

im using mine for a 3ph lathe so far the speed control has worked.i have a 2.2kw 10 am vfd. what sort of mill did you buy.
    https://www.woodworkforums.com/f65/op...ve-buy-141307/
    aaron

ok i seem to have figured out a few things today. ie dcm is the common not the supplie for the switches. and found a chunk of program that needs new values.

Default i have tried the serch engine.

hi every one.. well as i keep trying it would be great to know where im going wrong.

i thought the voltage reading between.... dcm and say for or rev should be 12Vdc.
    why does my machine read 24V dc?

is it ok to have only 1 mufti input. ie "for"

if using multi inputs to control my lathe. ie run forward ... reverse. plus frequency control for speed control??. do i need to change PD000. to 1. before making other program changes?

The lathe starts in forward direction and speeds up and slows down via the vsd fine. its just i want to use the lathes original controls.

Aaron,

Wattle glen which is north east suburbs.
    PD01 from memory is for external control via your method, so yes, but I have a feeling you need more than just that set to get it working. I wrote a manual on this, I'll find it and post a link.

You can use just fwd if you want.

Okay found it. Post 181 in this thread.

Check out your messages Aaron.

Without Mikes initial work I could not have managed to get as far as I did.

Bob Willson

If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants (Sir Isaac Newton)