Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Hi all,
    I bought new 1.5kW Huanyang vfd so as water cooled spindle. Without any settings, when I increase the frequency to max (400 Hz) spindle speed is about 12000 rpm. What I need to do? I am new whit this and I am afraid to damage something with incorrect setting of vfd. Please for help.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sale030 View Post
    Hi all,
    I bought new 1.5kW Huanyang vfd so as water cooled spindle. Without any settings, when I increase the frequency to max (400 Hz) spindle speed is about 12000 rpm. What I need to do? I am new whit this and I am afraid to damage something with incorrect setting of vfd. Please for help.

https://www.woodworkforums.com/f170/s...2/#post1204368
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Thank you for answer, I sow that but I didn't find exactly and clear setting. For the begining I want to run my spindle without Mach controll. I will try this controll but first I want manualy run spindle at the max speed (24000). Any sugestion?

Set PD001 to 0 and all other PDs to the document.
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Quote Originally Posted by jhovel View Post
    Hi Peter,
    in the interest of this community, please don't put the VFD in the bin just yet.
    RayG has a lot of insight in the technology and might be able to find the error cause.
    It would be a good service to the VFD users on this forum if RayG agreed for you to send it to him to investigate further - and keep all other current Hunyang users informed of the outcome. If the issue can't be solved then the thing can go in the bin then and nothing is lost.
    What do you think Ray?
    Regards,
    Joe
    Hi Peter,

I've repaired one, and have a few IGBT's and other bits in stock, I could have a look at it for you if you like, no promises.

Electronics is my other life...

Regards
    Ray

Default Trying to fix a VFD

Hi, Ray and I have been sending PM's regarding repairing the VFD.
    So I have pulled apart the 1.5Kw VFD and the only thing I find suspicious is the arrangement of the two large capacitors that can be seen through the bottom grill. The circuit board has been silk screened to indicate the +ve and -ve arrangement of the caps, but, the one on the right seems to have been inserted back to front, ie the -ve is in the +ve, see the pics. Normally this means death to electrolytic caps and they let out smoke. However, this one has not let out smoke and has not puffed up. I am wary of this due to having had a switch mode power supply from China where the smoke had got out due to an electro cap inserted backwards and puting in a new one the right way round based on the indication on the board, fixed it.
    Could someone with a 1.5Kw VFD have a look through the bottom air grill and see if the white bars on the caps are as in my pics, or can see only one on the left cap and not the other, meaning it is mounted differently..
    Thanks
    Peter
    https://www.woodworkforums.com/member...-disassembled/
    Last edited by Peda; 8th March 2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: trying to add pics

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay, I've been collecting rocks in Melbourne... (Surface Plate.. )

Those caps look fine, if you look closely I think you'll find they are in wired in parallel, and the silk screen is actually wrong ( or might be from a 415V input drive?)

If the cap was reversed you would have popped it by now. with lots of smoke..

Just confirm that there is a thick track connecting both caps on the -ve side. It's a bit hard to be absolutely sure from the pictures.

See if you can find the bridge rectifier, that would be the next place to look, if half the bridge was open cct, you would be getting half wave rectification, and that would show up as an ELVus error.

Regards
    Ray

Default repairing vfd

Hi Ray, I got the bridge out and it tests ok with my multimeter. I got a pinout for the MDS35-16 bridge off the net to make sense of the 5 terminals. Nothing looks burnt or stressed on the boards. I will keep checking components but I have to fit it in with real "work" ...the type that pays the bills..

By the way, you wre right about the caps, they are wired in parallel.

thanks
    Peter
    Last edited by Peda; 9th March 2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added a bit more

Hi Peter,

At this stage, I guess you've got nothing to lose anyway. You might as well find out what the problem is, if nothing else it might help someone with the same problem in the future.

If the bridge is ok, then start looking at the input filter components, I have a 1.5Kw Huanyang that I can pull apart later tonight and take some pictures and trace the input circuit, which will help narrow down the testing.

Regards
    Ray

Hi Peter,

Here are some pictures of the 1.5Kw drive power side

General Layout.

The Silk Screen looks the same as yours.

I wonder what that 5k 10T pot does?

The pot near the ribbon cable going to the cpu board, would be for calibrating something, I guess either motor current sensing or ( hopefully) dc bus voltage.. It's on the isolated side of the circuit.. I think that's worth a closer look.

A circuit diagram would be nice..

Regards
    Ray

Default Some progress

Hi Ray, Thanks for your time and pics. Well I got some time today to have a poke about..turned it on and the same error ELus as usuall.. started to measure voltages.. mains 239V, across those big caps was 322V.. looked ok. Then the thing made a click noise and the display changed to what looks like T0000.. then back to ELus. It hadn't been doing that before. I Googled for that error and didn't find it but I did come across a link VFD Setting that mentioned ELus and parameter 200 and 209. My manual only goes to PARAM183.. so I set PARAM200 to 65535 from 00 and 209 to 50 from 200. Now I don't get ELus error, only T0000 flashing..need to find out what that means but as I don't have a spindle connected maybe it is time to connect it and see.
    I just wanted to keep you up to date.. will let you know what happens next.
    cheers
    Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the update. I think TXX.XX display is the preset frequency, try pressing run or step through some other displays.. The error displays all start with "E" so I don't think it's an error.

I have been collecting HuanYang manuals here.. Huanyang Library

But none I've seen go past parameter 183, so I guess it's time to start researching what the extra (apparently undocumented registers) are for...

Regards
    Ray

Default Bit more progress

I have the vfd connected to the spindle now. At turn on no erorr ELus, just flashing T0000, pres run, the motor spins brieflly then error EOCA, which at a guess is error over current. I have just gone thru the settings yet again and checked against the ones that worked when it was working ..everythinmg looks ok .. interestingly, setting P209 at 400 gives the ELus error, so naturally it is set back at 50...
    I cant find any manuals that go past parameter 183... so what 200 and 209 do .. plus the others lurking there .. who knows!
    A work in progress...
    Peter

Default BIG step backwards

Kinda had the spindle running.. then smealt hot motor.. looks like it has killed the motor. Put the good Lenze vfd on to it and errors.. the English manual from the American manufacturer says short in cable or motor. So I unplug the cable at the motor and no error, so cable is ok.. plug motor back in .. error. F_0F1.. Output fault, grounded motor phase.
    Multimeter doesn't find a short in motor.. so not a happy camper now. Must have cooked the insulation and it breaks down under power.. wish I had a MegaOhm meter handy. The coils read 1.5 ohm but open to frame with my digital multimeter.

Going to walk away now........

Hi Peter,

Outch!

What sort of spindle motor?

Regards
    Ray