Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Hi Bob,
    Yep, I've seen that page. I'm pretty sure they are error messages - can't get the dashed thing to run. I've followed your setting to the T plus re-read the manual to see if there are any obvious steps I'm missing but can't see anything.

Cheers
    Kim
    Last edited by ailmik; 23rd June 2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Just to tease you some more Bob
    Here's one: https://www.woodworkforums.com/f65/vf...3/#post1472567
    and here's another: https://www.woodworkforums.com/f65/hu...ml#post1444907
    But I was wrong, there is only one reference in this thread to it: https://www.woodworkforums.com/f170/t...ml#post1457916

Cheers,
    Joe

I just signed up to WWF so I could ask this question!

I have a 2.2kw Huanyang 1ph/3ph VFD which I just hooked up to a piece of metalworking equipment. I need relatively quick decel ramps so I also installed a 500W/75ohm braking resistor. Here is where my question comes in, and is actually a couple questions:

Firstly, when reading through the manual, the wiring diagram states that I should wire the resistor across the P terminal and the N terminal on the VFD. Well, my VFD has neither a P terminal or an N terminal. What I do have is a PR terminal and a P+ terminal. In the terminal idenfication page in the manual it does show these two designations but on a VFD model I don't have. Mine is the HY02D223B. For my model, it suggests I should have a P terminal and a PR terminal, still no "N". I'm now wondering whether "N" is neutral and I should be hooking one side of the braking resistor to the PR terminal and the other to my Neutral/Ground buss? With my current setup, my get absolutly no difference in deceleration ramp between having the resistor hooked up and not hooked up, and I easily overcurrent trip during decel if I try to set my decel ramp time to anything less than 5 seconds.

I have DC braking set up with the following settings:

PD028 20hz stopping frequency

This DC braking feature kind of sucks because if I set my run frequency to 20 hz the drive will still be powering the motor and will at the same time be trying to apply DC braking

PD030 3 seconds DC braking time
    PD031 11% DC Braking Level (any more and I get a dL error which doesn't appear to be a good thing at all)

I have a feeling that if I could get the braking resistor to work correctly (most likely by hooking it up correctly) I could reduce/eliminate DC braking entirely. I would be fine with a 2 second deceleration ramp from 60hz to 0.

Any thoughts would be very very very helpful.

Hi spencyg

Welcome to the forum.

Have a read of this It might answer your questions.
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Spencyg

Bob pointed you to the knowledge base but from memory Mark Hastings never got the braking to work properly. I believe he thought there were missing components? Don't quote me on this.

Having said that, I think your close with thenp terminal suggestion. I think the north American model number change due to your voltage differences. I would be very careful hooking anything to the neutral bus, I think your on the wrong path with that suggestion. It's the start of our day today, so give me a while and I'll read the manual again to see if I can give you any suggestions as I would like to see if this feature could be made to work

Quote Originally Posted by mhasting2004 View Post

Ok I decided to dig a bit deeper and guess what?! Mystery solved, more bits missing. The PR and P+ terminals go nowhere... yes I pulled my VFD apart

So it looks like this model does not have the ability to use a breaking resistor... unless your one has a few more bits than mine.

At a quick glance I'm missing Q23 (unknown power transistor), PC11 (unknown IC) and a jumper to...(you guessed it unknown spot)

Geez I'm glad I didn't fork out $72 for a power resistor.

So I'm back to playing with curves to improve stopping umpfff.

Oh yeah I dont see any thermo type elements on the heat sink either so thats why the inverter temperature is not available.
    So my memory isn't as shot as I thought, Mark found that there were parts missing from the PR and P+ terminals. If you feel inclined I would start by checking to see if there are any connections on your unit from these terminals

Quote Originally Posted by spencyg View Post
    With my current setup,
    Which is?

Quote Originally Posted by spencyg View Post
    PD028 20hz stopping frequency
    My manual says 10hz is the max setting. Of course these manuals are pretty shocking, I'll check later when I get a minute.

Can't test anything for you as I havent bought a resistor yet.

Stuart

p.s. I've just checked and I can set PD028 to at least 50, but that might be just because I have the speeds all set at 50hz on that machine. Should have known better than to believe anything in the manual
    Last edited by Stustoys; 12th July 2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: p.s.

Default VFD voltage

Hello,

Have started a new thread but thought this might get to the right people quicker, it is related.
    I'm having issues with my VFD HY01D523B matched to a 1.5kW water cooled spindle as part of a ebay package.

VFD keeps tripping my RCD sometimes at plug in, sometime 15min into cutting a file.
    Spoke to sparkie at work today and he said to check the voltages, so this is what i'm getting.

I put the mulit over the VFD while just plugged in and no spindle attached. Put the meter over the R and S pins 245 V, then U,V, W any two was getting 220 V. If i went from U,V, W to earth 180V? is that normal or could that be an issue.

also if I earth the spindle mount to earth it trips the RCD straight away.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong.

Cheers,
    Boothie
    Last edited by Boothie; 16th July 2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: spelling

You have a 'leak' inside your spindle. Probably water. I suggest you try and get a new spindle.
    Alternatively - or if that fails - you could find a thread here somewher that describes opening and resealing the spindle properly, and fitting better bearings in the process.
    Joe

Default Speed display problem

Hey up,

Any one ever had this particular problem, i'm onto my second VFD and spindle.

Setting up the first one went OK, but this new VFD the speed display is not operating correctly,

I have input the same PD options and since done a factory reset to try and see if It would correct itself inputting the same options but thus far the same old story.

The speed apparently reaches up to 40,000 when it should from go to 24,000. I also never remember the "F" being in front.

Has anyone ever come across this. I can't see a work around even though the spindle starts up.
    james

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7...ourdubpztx.mp4

That would be the frequency not the rpm speed display. (400Hz)

I cannot remember the combination of buttons to change the display options but I'd assume its in the manual.

Thanks chris,
    The keypad button with the ARROWS changes the display at the top. This fixed the display to rapids.

Hi pringleman

Didn't you get a manual with your VFD?
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

For most people, when setting up the VFD to use an external pot control for the speed, you will need to be aware that the wiring diagram in the excellent manual written by seafurymike which was written for a 3 phase motor will need an extra wire to the third leg of the pot.

The other end of this wire should be attached to the ACM connector on your HuanYang VFD.

Thanks to Mark Hastings for the clarification of the above.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Willson

Default Will Spindle Talker cooperate with Galaad CNC-Software?

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffoid View Post
    OK,

Like all things you could spend forever refining and testing but we have drawn the line on the app tonight.

Mark has done the final testing, and if he can use it then anyone can

Ok Just an EXE in a Zip, you may need to download the vb 6 runtime libaries if you get errors when you try to start it up.

OK Basic screen

- Start and stop spindle. If start is pushed after initial power on and no default running frequency has been set then it will start it running at the value set on the minimum rpm on the configuration page, and if that isnt set then it will start it at 1000.

Increase and decrease speed by the step amount selected in the box below. And yes the freqs dont go exact due to a rounding error from hz to rpm . Will not go past the max and min on the configuration screen

To change direction click the direction you want to go and then stop and start the spindle.

Click the check box at the bottom of the screen to enable the monitoring which refreshes every .5 seconds.

Advanced, well if you want to manually enter hex values then do it here. Response with CRC is shown on the right.

Configuration page - setup you maximum and minimum spindle speed to be used while in this app only. Set the comm port setting to make it work. Just needs a serial connection to the VFD.

Comm delay may need to be changed if you are not talking properly. Increase the delay value if having troubles.

Hope someone other than Mark gets some use out of it and invitations to BBQ's

We do have a version to play songs on the Spindle as well maybe mark will post the vids, we thought smoke on teh water a fitting tune, water cooled etc LOL.

If you need anything else just reply or PM here.

Now i can start to put my CNC beast together

Wayne

Hi to all!

Will it be possible to have Spindle Talker as a command-line tool? So it could be used together with the Galaad CNC-software, which is able to start a command just like
    "c:\spindle.exe right, RPM=2000". Response, like error or current monitoring, from the VFD of course is not supported by Galaad.

Axel