Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
    Ards Guest

Unhappy Advice on Saw/Router Needed

Hi all,

I'm new to this wood work thing, so i'm chasing some advice from the more experienced.

I have recently purchased a Triton router table, and soon to be purchasing a Triton 2000 work centre and i'm trying to ascertain what type of router and saw to buy.

I originally thought that i would just buy the Triton saw and router as they are designed for each of the stations, but after looking around i've gone and got myself all confused.

Are there better quality saws and routers out there that may be better suited?

I believe there may be issues with other makes not fitting the tables etc, so if anyone can shed some light on the subject for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ards

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ards
    Hi all,

I'm new to this wood work thing, so i'm chasing some advice from the more experienced.

I have recently purchased a Triton router table, and soon to be purchasing a Triton 2000 work centre and i'm trying to ascertain what type of router and saw to buy.

I originally thought that i would just buy the Triton saw and router as they are designed for each of the stations, but after looking around i've gone and got myself all confused.

Are there better quality saws and routers out there that may be better suited?

I believe there may be issues with other makes not fitting the tables etc, so if anyone can shed some light on the subject for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ards
    I have the Triton Saw and Router, and they are well suited to use with the Workcentre and router table. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't buy anything else to use in the Triton Workcentre or router table! The only 'catch' is that both of these machines are big and powerful. If you intend on doing alot of hand held work, get another smaller (cheaper!) router/trimmer and a smaller saw (although the Triton saw is very well balanced), and leave the triton equipment in the tables.

The way that Triton have made the router and saw compliment the workcentre and router table is a credit to them.

I'd say the same. You would be hard pressed to find a better router and circular saw than the Triton offerings. I have the router in my router table permanently. I sold the saw (wish I didn't) when I bought a cab. saw and gave up my Triton but I already had a little $45 cheapy GMC circular saw for ripping down larger pieces/ply etc before taking it to the table saw.
    How much wood could the woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck could chuck wood?

Hi Ards. You'll find this topic covered in quite a few threads if you do search. But to save time, the conclusion you'll come to is to just go and buy the Triton gear. The Routers are $399 at bunnings .........that's about $50 cheaper than they have been for ages. They are both excellent tools for fitting in the table. Particularly the saw, you'll avoid lots of headaches trying to set it up in the table if you get the Triton. Same for the router, the best advantage being that it's very easy to change bits above the table.

Ards Guest

Smile

Thanks to everyone for your advice, which seems to be unanimous, so the Triton router and saw it is.

It's great to be able to use a web site like this one and be able to get the info you need from the people who have used the product.

Once again thanks.

Cheers

Ards.

Default just to add my 2 cents worth

Ards,

I'm in a similar situation as yourself, i started looking at router and saw for the 2000 workcentre (recently purchased) and discussed it online. I started looking at cheaper makita products then to look at the upper range in Makita products until now i have decided on the triton tools (as suggested all along).
    My aim as with others replies is to put the triton tools in the centre (when i save up enough) as they feel heavier than i'm comfortable with at the moment, buy a cheap gmc router and use my 185mm Makita circular saw for hand held.
    Hope you take less time to make a decision than it took me.

Good Luck

Ards Guest

Smile

Thanks Wise.

With so money different products on the market and each sales person having a different opinion on what's best, it certaintly makes things difficult.

However after talking to people on this forum and to a friend who has the triton tools, it seems that the Triton gear is the way to go.

Cheers

Ards

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.