Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Model TSC-10LB (254mm) Help

Any know if these table saws are any good? couldn't find a lot of info about it, but does come with a pic. I was looking at purchasing one for $900, new with new blade and router extension table. This would be my 1st table saw so need some advice.
    I would mainly be using this to make aquarium stands, book shelves, little projects like that.

Thanks for reading.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

G'day Blazk,

I pick up one of those a few months ago, still in it's box after 6 years in storage, for a pretty good price off ebay.

I'm happy with it and it's worked fine since putting it together. I really should do some kind of tuning it up I guess but so far just chucked it together and started cutting. I haven't fitted the sliding table so can't comment on that.

The fence seems like a bit of rubbish. This is my first table saw so I can't really compare it with what I would consider a good fence but the measure tape is inaccurate, the micro adjuster doesn't adjust anymore and there's about 5mm of play at the outfeed end of the fence when the front is locked down. It does have a mechanism for securing the back of the fence but it's a bit of a PITA to get it set properly before securing and I don't want it catching anything so I usually leave it loose. I did have a GMC table saw previously but I don't count that for comparison.

I think it's a nice budget unit. Would be good to have one that was a bit more solid and handled the dust a little better but it does the job.

wow im glad i actually posted in here before i bought anything. It just hard to find a decent one for a budget price in Adelaide.

Don't let my comments on the fence put you off Blazk, I bought the saw expecting that I would upgrade the fence at some stage anyway. It certainly is usable in it's current configuration.

Though for the $900 you could pretty much have the current model from either Carbatec or H&F

Carbatec Version

H&F Version

No router table extension on these ones though so that's something to consider, but the extra $100 on the H&F one gets you a 12" saw.

They look very nice, for $900 i guess you cant expect the moon . Wouldnt know which one to pick out of those 2, they both look very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazk View Post
    Any know if these table saws are any good? couldn't find a lot of info about it, but does come with a pic. I was looking at purchasing one for $900, new with new blade and router extension table. This would be my 1st table saw so need some advice.
    I would mainly be using this to make aquarium stands, book shelves, little projects like that.

Thanks for reading.
    Who is the company marketing the table saw and the actual brand?.
    Regards
    Mac

Not quite sure Mac, Tried to find some info but i didn't come up with the brand. Im thinking to go with one of the saws that Steve mentioned above.