Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default stihl 032av carby prob's and settings

G'day to all,
    I have a stihl 032 av. Was doing some maintenance today (had to replace spark plug lead due to burning through on engine). Once I got it back together i noticed fuel is coming back through the carby and into the air filter while it is running??? causing it to flood.

Also, I got to thinking...what are the best setting for the high and low carby jets.
    Current settings I used today
    Low: aprox 3/4 turn out
    High: Aprox 1 1/4 turns out

What fuel mix? 25:1 or 40:1

Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    g_man

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

they carby should be set at about 1 1/4 turns out.

dose the saw smoke a lot wile running.

oil mix depends on teh type. stihl or other brand name oil thats states it on teh bottle can be mixed at 40:1 other 2 stroke oil should be mixed at 25:1.

p.s. i have a 032av they are a good little saw.

www.carlweiss.com.au
    Mobile Sawmilling & Logging Service
    8" & 10" Lucas Mills, bobcat, 4wd tractor, 12 ton dozer, stihl saws.

Thanks Weisyboy,
    I think I have got it about right. I had a look at the madsens link last night and listened to the WAV files. I just wanted to make sure i didnt have it too lean and blow it up.

Any idea on the fuel coming back through the carby and into the air cleaner??
    There is enough fuel coming back through that after a few seconds of running the fuel is dripping out of the air filter and the filter is pretty much soaked.

Any other common prob's with the saw that I should expect? Its pretty old as the saw was my grandfathers, but stihl runs well...

I think with the fuel coming back through the carby on run would be worn rings , as this type of saw started its production back in 1978 ,so this saw could be 30 years + old .
    On most of the old saws that I get running (mostly 30years+) I get a degree of fuel blow back through the carb when running , though not as much as in your case as to choke the air-filter and basically cause the saw to flood .
    With a new set of rings, it will cut back the amount of fuel blow back and give the saw more compression , the bores generally don't wear as they are aluminum with a chrome plated bore .
    If you were to refresh this saw (and I know what it means to have a piece of equipment that is sentimental to you ) with new rings I would be going the full hog and replacing crank bearings and seals also there is a chap on e-bay that sells Stihl/Husky pistons-rings, for the bearings/seals you could go to a Stihl dealer or a bearing shop, although in the past I have had difficulty obtaining seals from both,and have had to go overseas to get the seals , then again you maybe lucky and your Stihl dealer may have a set of nos seals in his possecion .
    Peter
    Chainsaw Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip 741baus,
    is there any way I can test to confirm or deny if it is infact the rings that are worn?? or if it is some sort of problem in the carby. It seems to still have reasonably good compression.