Fellow Failures,

I wonder if any of you can positively recommend - on the basis of personal experience - a particularly good brand and model of Knee-Pad?

Going by the problem I am having with my current unsatisfactory pair, I feel that the main criteria for selecting them might actually be how well the darn things continue to sit on your knees after you've both kneeled and walked around in them a bit (both in trousers/jeans or shorts...)

I don't have them here with me so I can't take a photo, but the type I have are black plastic, with flat ribs running across them that sit flat on the floor when you kneel in them. The cushioning is quite good, but the way they don't want to bend with your knees, but do want to slide off them when you move around, is quite hopeless .

The brand is either "Protector" or "Protecta", and I bought them from the BigB for a whole $16 or so about 6 months ago. I had a look on the "Protector Alsafe" website, but couldn't see them in the "Knee-Pads" section, so they might actually be "Protecta" after all. Anyway, if you know the ones I'm talking about, and you also happen to know that they're about as good as they get as regards to staying in the correct place on your knee, then please let me have the sad, blunt truth with both barrels...

Many Thanks,
Batpig.

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...