Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Krebs Spray Painting Equipment

I am looking for an economical solution to painting doors with enamel and achieving a pro finish.

After some research I believe an airless spray gun can achieve very good results with minimum overspray and provide versatility in being able to spray undercoats, finishing coats and laquers.

Has anyone used Swiss Krebs Airless equipment - which I understand is a good entry level solution?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Thumbs down

I have a Krebs airless spray gun, but I would't say that it is easy to get a really good finish. Takes alot of practise
    Station-rat

Default Krebs Update

After using the Krebs 45T for some months I am now getting generally very good results - but I agree spray painting is a bit of a black art.

The variables are paint quality, thinners used. temperature amount of preparation, gun setting and personal skill. When all come together synergistically the results are stunning - but consistency is a challenge.

For spraying doors etc I have found that using a really good undercoat like Walpumar selaer/Primer/Undercoat (sprayed) and the fine sanded gives a really good foundation.

Top coat I use Dulux enamel thinned to Krebs specifications a la viscoscity checker - I use gum turps but there could be better products.

The Krebs is used with their recommended F5 slit nozzle and the gun wound down a fair way to achieve a fine spray.

I find I get the best results with a fairly liberal first top coat and then one final coat. Drying time is longer than expected - several hours but this may be the action of the gum turps. However this also gives the ppaint time to "flow" and give a good finish.

I probably should be using thinner coats - but this doesen't seem to work as well in terms of final finish - and I'm not sure why. Does Spraying thinners help???

My results with Acrylics have been less inspiring - I am about to experiment with Floetrol as an additive to the new range of Dulux Acrylic Trim paint - a step forward over the usual soft Acrylics.