Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default GMC tools cheap online

If you still desire, GMC tools are still being sold via www.graysonline.com.au for dirt cheap prices. They have regular auctions that last for the day, often featuring lots of 20 units of a number of the items listed. Just make sure you understand the rules for Grays auctions first.

I picked up a circular saw and a biscuit joiner ($49 and $44 + P&H) that I wanted for a while. I'm only a part-time woodworker so I never wanted a fancy set of tools or anything like that. In this way, GMC was (and is) still perfect fo me.

I am certainly sad to see this part of the market go...

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default GMC and Triton tools

Thanks,

I checked it out and some of the items go for a song and others, the popular items go quite high.

Definately worth a look.

I have also been spending and picked up a circular saw red eye $39, biscuit joiner $34, Saw Stand $14 and a 1500w Plunge Router $39 These tools seem excellent.<O</O
    <O</O

So I got excited and found http://www.gmcompany.com/ with all supporting documents and warranty advice.

They even have a new tools area.<O</O
    <O</O

Does anyone know if GMC has gone ? Is going ? Only the Oz distributor has gone ?
    Seems the company is still producing tools.........
    <O</O
    <O
    Website provides quiet a few stores that stock the GMC tools in Australia yet I have not seen them

Adam

Thanks for the tip! I bought a new belt sander for $14 & Biscuit joiner for $30. I also needed a circular saw and bought the Triton for $90. I don't know if that's too much however as I don't know the prices for Triton gear - I was getting carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by ajackson View Post
    I have also been spending and picked up a circular saw red eye $39, biscuit joiner $34, Saw Stand $14 and a 1500w Plunge Router $39 These tools seem excellent.<O</O
    <O</O

So I got excited and found http://www.gmcompany.com/ with all supporting documents and warranty advice.

They even have a new tools area.<O</O
    <O</O

Does anyone know if GMC has gone ? Is going ? Only the Oz distributor has gone ?
    Seems the company is still producing tools.........
    <O</O
    <O
    Website provides quiet a few stores that stock the GMC tools in Australia yet I have not seen them

Adam
    GMC is in receivership since Bunnings stopped buying from them and set up their own house brand Ozito. No word on whether they will come out of it.

Default grGrays auctions-GMC

Grays are still auctioning GMC & Triton stuff online, but now there's about an $80 packaging charge, and $15 freight on many items. Consider adding $100 almost to the price and it's not such a bargain anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewey View Post
    Grays are still auctioning GMC & Triton stuff online, but now there's about an $80 packaging charge, and $15 freight on many items. Consider adding $100 almost to the price and it's not such a bargain anymore.
    Say WHAT?!! I shoulda read the fineprint.

Actually i just checked my invoice, they add 15% commission to the purchase price and charged me $53 total for shipping handling and insurance for 3 tools being shipped to WA

You're lucky!

I used the online freight calculator before I bid, as I was interested in a sliding compound saw stand about 6 weeks ago - and then it was $72 packing & $15 freight. I checked again this morning and it went up.

Some months ago I bought a TFT computer monitor from Greys for an OK price, but even it was $50 freight & packing - and it weighed less than the cardboard box & newspaper balls it came in!

Quote Originally Posted by TP1 View Post
    GMC is in receivership since Bunnings stopped buying from them and set up their own house brand Ozito. No word on whether they will come out of it.
    OZITO has been around aas long as GMC, maybe longer. GMC are gone, as is Triton (unless by some miracle it is saved) . It was Bunnings deal deal with Ryobi that most likely was the last straw as well as a number of other factors

Quote Originally Posted by Stewey View Post
    You're lucky!

I used the online freight calculator before I bid, as I was interested in a sliding compound saw stand about 6 weeks ago - and then it was $72 packing & $15 freight. I checked again this morning and it went up.

Some months ago I bought a TFT computer monitor from Greys for an OK price, but even it was $50 freight & packing - and it weighed less than the cardboard box & newspaper balls it came in!
    I spoke to soon!! I just bought a GMC mitre saw table for $14 and have been charged $79 freight !!!!!!!

While it does pay to read the fine print, I hope people get the message about this crowd.

Just as well the GST is inclusive normally its not.

I have rarely seen great bargins at grays.

I have bought a few things over the years from them but always pick-up.

Yeah I saw the GMC stuff and just did not think it great value when adding the extras, plus no warranties and considering it could be returns or rebuilds who would know.

I did buy another piece of machinery claimed to be brand new and found to be seconds; in administration its a bit of free for all.

Enjoy the purchase

Pulpo

They'll only catch me once