PDA

View Full Version : Incra LS 17"Super system mounted on Festool Precisio and CMS

therut
8th July 2009, 07:19 AM
Hi All,

The attached images show the coupling I made between the Festool Precisio and CMS tables.
The first three photos were made halfway through constructing, the others were made after finishing it.

I have to admit I was kind of anxious to see whether the couling would be stiff enough but as it turns out it's amazingly so. Once clamped down by just the two clamps the jig sits absolutely play-free side-to-side. There's no down-play either because of the support brackets.
The jig can be mounted on both the short and the long sides of both tables.
There's two sets of bolts sticking out of the hardwood support beam. The outer set rests against the legs of the table when the jig sits on the short side of a table. The inner set of bolts stick out a bit further and rest against the table apron when the jig's mounted on one of the long sides of the tables. Both sets of bolts enable fine tuning the jig to make it parallel to the table's surfaces.

Using it is easy, it takes one minute to take it off and move it to the other table. I have already used it as a ripping fence on the Precisio and it's definitely stiff enough to be safe, no worries.

Hope you guys like it...

justinmcf
26th July 2009, 04:17 PM
hi therut, thanks for the photos.
i have ordered a cms with a ts-75, should arrive in the next few days!
i appreciate the photos, i did not want to pay the huge amount of dollars for the cms outfeed tables and your photos have given lots of great ideas!
i hope you dont mind me stealing your designs!

should i upgrade to an incra fence for ripping or will the festool sliding table be ok?
if you have any advice or tips for me, with regards to the cms, i would really appreciate it.

regards, justin.