PDA

View Full Version : FWW table top attaching...

Greg_stewy
12th July 2004, 02:43 PM
Hi all...
a few months ago I saw on the FWW a nice method of attaching a table top to a frame, in the video clips section. I knew where it was for future reference, but now when I need it, they have removed it...

It didn't attach the frame to the table top, but used an angled bit of wood attached to the top griped onto an angled bit of wood between the two rails of the bottom. ( I know thatis probably as clear as mud). (see attachment)

Does anyone know what I am talking about, and also have a copy of the clip available???

Ben from Vic.
12th July 2004, 02:53 PM
Yep I saw the article to. Looked very interesting.

You would basicly attach a baton across the underside of the table (with slots for the screws) and have a rail running from edge to edge at the top of the table frame, with mating angles like in your picture.

This method would also help keep the table top flat.

Ben. :D

Ps. whats your question?

Greg_stewy
12th July 2004, 02:56 PM
Hi Ben,

I was wondering if anyone knew of some other link that I could get a look at the clip again.... or if someone downloaded the clip....

Greg.

Ben from Vic.
12th July 2004, 03:03 PM
I've not found a way to save the videos from the FWW site. :(
Even got my brother to try for me (he's very handy with computers).

They don't want you to save them, they want you to pay to view the archives.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. :o

Ben.

MikeK
12th July 2004, 03:14 PM
Greg,

I haven't seen the clip, but it looks like one of the methods documented in an FWW article. I can't remember the FWW# at the moment, but I can look for you fi you want.

Regards,
Mike.

Bob Willson
12th July 2004, 04:19 PM
If you haven't cleaned out your computer in a while then the chances are that the video is still on the computer. Look in the "Temporary internet files" which is usually a subdirectory under the Windows directory, or if you are using XP then it will be under the "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files" when you find the file you want just copy it to the desktop or wherever and voila.

If you cannot find the temp folder, then a way to find it is:
Open any web page that has a graphic.
Right click on the graphic.
Go to properties.
Note name of graphic.
Do a search of your computer for that name.
Open the directory that you find and it will have all your web downloads in it.
ps. You may need to go up one directory level as there may be more than one sub directory that has temporary internet files in it.

Greg_stewy
12th July 2004, 05:04 PM
thanks all....
I saw the clip about 4 months ago... and since then I have been given a new machine...

Bob Willson
12th July 2004, 06:45 PM
Given????

A NEW machine????

BAST@RD. :D :D

Greg_stewy
13th July 2004, 09:38 AM
sorry... it is a work machine and I work in IT.... not for me at home unfortunately.... :(

JimFuller1
25th October 2009, 05:50 PM
Here is the companion article from FWW about attaching a table top using two beveled cleats.

Edited by Big Shed:

Please refer to FWW May-June 2003.

Please do not post copyright material.

Ben from Vic.
25th October 2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks Jim