PDA

View Full Version : got trees that have to go

scubabob
9th July 2009, 09:05 PM
im not sure if this is the right place but its the closest i can find. i have two somewehat large radiata pine trees in my front yard, both about 50 metres or more tall. Both are relatively straight.

i have been told that some timber mills with take them down in exchange for the trunks. Does anyone know if this is true? I am happy to get rid of the branches and the crap if this is the case.

i am in theYarrb Valley in Victoria.

DJ’s Timber
9th July 2009, 09:56 PM
i have been told that some timber mills with take them down in exchange for the trunks. Does anyone know if this is true? I am happy to get rid of the branches and the crap if this is the case.

Only if it's worth their time and for two trees it won't be :no:.

I recovered 3 trees for a mill just the other week after the homeowner had paid a tree lopper to cut and drop em and the h/owner or the loppers didn't receive anything from the mill for the logs, mind you the mill still had to pay me to remove the logs.

Also the h/owner saved money as they didn't have to pay the loppers to cut the logs up into manageable blocks or to get rid of any rubbish left over as the rest was chipped.

MAPLEMAN
31st July 2009, 08:14 AM
im not sure if this is the right place but its the closest i can find. i have two somewehat large radiata pine trees in my front yard, both about 50 metres or more tall. Both are relatively straight.

i am in theYarrb Valley in Victoria.
Sadly most fixed millers will give you bugger all for mill logs,regardless of size,quality or quanity.They do however charge like wounded bulls for the sawn article.Better off getting a mobile miller engaged,saw the logs up,and make a few bob for yourself!!:2tsup: