PDA

View Full Version : Bosch IXO Cordless Screwdriver

simon c
12th July 2004, 06:28 PM
Just picked up one of these for at Mitre 10 at the weekend - $70

Extremely cute, fits in the pocket - seems reasonably powerful and has a lithium ion battery so no problems like those associated with NiCd or NiMH

SWMBO wants one too!

Bill E
9th April 2005, 11:24 PM
I originally bought this Bosch IXO cordless driver from Alltools in Bayswater WA, to use fiddling with computers as a hobby, however it has given me some problems ( I appreciate it is NOT a profesional tool) first it had a trigger problem and I returned it to the retailer who said it would take 2 weeks to fix under warranty which I thought is pretty poor so I contacted Bosch who told me that Alltools was not an authorised repairer, told me to call Alltools and ask them to call Bosch, 1 hour later I was called by Alltools to say driver was repaired, picked it up and it was OK.

However probably less than 20 screws later it failed, again under warranty, seemed to be same problem, this time I took it to the authorised repairer Bosch had recommended and was told they are a throw away and parts can't be obtained and that another driver would have to be sent from "Over east" in about a week, so I'm currently putting my new computer together with my trusty old Phillips screw driver.

I know I only paid $AU69 and know all about "Only getting what you pay for" but I hope this time it gets resolved properly.

Will keep you posted.

Bill E
13th April 2005, 08:43 PM
I originally bought this Bosch IXO cordless driver from Alltools in Bayswater WA, to use fiddling with computers as a hobby, however it has given me some problems ( I appreciate it is NOT a profesional tool) first it had a trigger problem and I returned it to the retailer who said it would take 2 weeks to fix under warranty which I thought is pretty poor so I contacted Bosch who told me that Alltools was not an authorised repairer, told me to call Alltools and ask them to call Bosch, 1 hour later I was called by Alltools to say driver was repaired, picked it up and it was OK.

However probably less than 20 screws later it failed, again under warranty, seemed to be same problem, this time I took it to the authorised repairer Bosch had recommended and was told they are a throw away and parts can't be obtained and that another driver would have to be sent from "Over east" in about a week, so I'm currently putting my new computer together with my trusty old Phillips screw driver.

I know I only paid $AU69 and know all about "Only getting what you pay for" but I hope this time it gets resolved properly.

Will keep you posted.
OK

Bosch replaced the IXO - got it today ... pretty good service.

I spoke to a service guy at Bosch who said there have been a couple of problems, anyway they have a replacement policy so that is good.

The one I got today feels a bit different at the trigger (Where the 1st one failed ) so perhaps this has been redressed but I might just have drawn a dud fist time around.

graemet
14th April 2005, 05:46 PM
G'day Bill,
I bought 2 of the IXO, one for a gift and one for me. An incredible torque for something so small. The first developed a noisy bearing after a couple of uses, returned to the bunny and was repaired/replaced and since has been used almost daily for about 3 months without a hitch. The other has been going strong all the time! Can't complain.
Cheers,
Graeme

Iain
15th April 2005, 08:52 AM
Bought one about a month ago and have used it for pocket hole joinery in confined spaces, it seemed to have become a bit noisy and I may just shoot it back to confirm my suspicions.
Having said that for a 3v unit it has a hell of a lot of torque, pity about the biscuit tin, would have preferred a plastic case.

Trav
15th April 2005, 04:28 PM
I got one for my birthday a few weeks ago and I reckon it is great. I'm fixing up our a new rental house and I've been using it for all sorts of stuff. I've had no problems with it at all and I'd recommend them for others.

The tin is to make it attractive to women. My wife reckons its great - small, light, cute and, most importantly, it comes in a nice tin. :)

Trav

bille
19th September 2009, 09:36 PM
OK

I spoke to a service guy at Bosch who said there have been a couple of problems, anyway they have a replacement policy so that is good.

The one I got today feels a bit different at the trigger (Where the 1st one failed ) so perhaps this has been redressed but I might just have drawn a dud fist time around.

UPDATE: After 4 years and 4 months of almost daily use in my business my ixo is showing some signs of dying but not quite, only if I push pretty hard on a stuborn screw does it stop (Probably the battery).

These are a great little tool, I recommend it to anyone looking for something light weight and comfortable.

Just bought the new model with the light as a special $79 at Bunnings it's the bonus pack with the extra chuck and the right angle chuck, so I will semi retire the original as a backup.

I'll be pretty pleased with Bosch if it gives the same service.

bille
19th September 2009, 09:38 PM
OK

UPDATE: After 4 years and 4 months of almost daily use in my business my ixo is showing some signs of dying but not quite, only if I push pretty hard on a stubborn screw does it stop (Probably the battery).

These are a great little tool, I recommend it to anyone looking for something light weight and comfortable.

Just bought the new model with the light as a special $79 at Bunnings it's the bonus pack with the extra chuck and the right angle chuck, so I will semi retire the original as a backup.
I'll be pretty pleased with Bosch if it gives the same service.

Poppa
24th September 2009, 06:56 PM
I bought one of these about 3 years ago to use around the house, because our cordless drills are usually all over at the workshop. I've found it fantastic. Sure it isn't as powerful as a full size tool, but it has been very reliable and has the ability to drive in some pretty big screws without quitting. I've used it to drill holes in hardwood and then screw in the screws, and it doesn't give up. I love it.