PDA

View Full Version : 4 poster bed (posts wanted)

yogie
10th July 2009, 03:21 PM
Howdy guys, I hang around the welding section... :roll: and I been asked to make a wrought iron bed, and for some strange reason they want wood on each corner... :oo:
is there any place in around Geelong that sells these (posts only) over the counter or is there anyone here want a job. let me know guys.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
10th July 2009, 06:01 PM
Sounds like a (http://www.woodworkforums.com/member.php?u=84) job. Might be worth your time to send him a PM.

He's out Tooradin way, which ain't exactly Geelong :rolleyes: but you'd get good quality posts...

RETIRED
10th July 2009, 06:06 PM
Howdy guys, I hang around the welding section... :roll: and I been asked to make a wrought iron bed, and for some strange reason they want wood on each corner... :oo:
is there any place in around Geelong that sells these (posts only) over the counter or is there anyone here want a job. let me know guys.Displaying good taste?:wink::D And Yes I can do them.

yogie
10th July 2009, 09:50 PM
Displaying good taste?:wink::D And Yes I can do them.

sounds like a plan chap. :2tsup: Are there any sites that you use patterns from so I can decide what I want ??? hope that makes sense. I will be finding out by weekends end if she wants, full hieght posts or staggered heights, if none of this makes sense, be gentle with me, I'm a welder... :doh:

mark

Burnsy
10th July 2009, 10:04 PM
sounds like a plan chap. :2tsup:

Code violation - no chaps allowed in the shed.

Rookie
10th July 2009, 11:38 PM
Code violation - no chaps allowed in the shed.

It's okay. I think they're the pants they wear to stop the welding putting little spots on their legs. Like a blacksmith :U:U

rodent
11th July 2009, 12:37 AM
It's okay. I think they're the pants they wear to stop the welding putting little spots on their legs. Like a blacksmith :U:U
NA it's the hot welding slag that gets into your boot that really makes your week . ( bad ):o

bowl-basher
11th July 2009, 11:41 AM
NA it's the hot welding slag that gets into your boot that really makes your week . ( bad ):o

:D:DCommonly called a DILLBERRY for the obvious reason
BB

RETIRED
12th July 2009, 11:07 AM
sounds like a plan chap. :2tsup: Are there any sites that you use patterns from so I can decide what I want ??? hope that makes sense. I will be finding out by weekends end if she wants, full hieght posts or staggered heights, if none of this makes sense, be gentle with me, I'm a welder... :doh:

mark
I can't do Barley twist. I can but I don't.:wink:
http://www.auburnwoodturning.com.au/Verandah%20Posts.htm

ian
12th July 2009, 11:40 AM
Are there any sites that you use patterns from so I can decide what I want ??? hope that makes sense. I will be finding out by weekends end if she wants, full hieght posts or staggered heights, if none of this makes sense, be gentle with me, I'm a welder... :doh:

markMark

a common pattern for the posts on a four poster is tapered octagonal
not quite a turning,