PDA

View Full Version : Pics

Ed Reiss
14th July 2009, 01:17 AM
Since Ray (Wheelinround) asked nicely, here are some pics of the Haddonfield Art & Crafts Festival street fair this past weekend....my first (comeback) show in over 10 years.

As always, after receiving the acceptance letter from the event organizer, it was a mad scramble to get enough production items and "art pieces done in time since my turning skills were rusty from not doing any turning for about 8 years and just re-starting 2 years ago.

Fully expected not to do well $$ wise because of the lousy economy, but was pleasantly surprised to come away in the four figure category in sales (US dollars, guys) for the 2 days :U.

The "Beauty and the Beast" pic is of me and my wife Ann .... three guesses who the Beauty is ?

BTW....the red mallee piece that I turned a while back sold:o:D:D:D

bookend
14th July 2009, 01:23 AM
Lovely work Ed.:2tsup:

What did you use to ebonize the larger hollow forms?

jefferson
14th July 2009, 01:41 AM
Good luck to you Ed. Hope it paid for the costs of tools, ancillary equipment and the wood!

It's a shame we couldn't actually pick the pieces up here in Oz before you sold them. Never mind.

Keep us posted on what is happening in the States. You guys have a lot of catching up to do with some Oz turners (at least with finials, NOT MINE). :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Rum Pig
14th July 2009, 08:22 AM
Well done:2tsup::2tsup:
It can be very stressful getting ready for a stall like that but you seem to have come through ok well done.:2tsup:

When is the next one:D

Gil Jones
14th July 2009, 08:27 AM
Hey, Ed, sure does look like you were well prepared for a successful show, congrats.

Claw Hama
14th July 2009, 09:18 AM
Looked fantastic Ed, some nice work in there, are you going to do more now you have broken the ice?

ElizaLeahy
14th July 2009, 09:48 AM
Oh my goodness! You are definately deserving of any money you received - these are all BEAUTIFUL!!!

Your display looks wonderful too. Are they bracelets I see?

I love the little white natural edge bowls - they look so fine they remind me of egg shells - broken eggs.

I also like the very eye catching black vessels - are they textured? Burnt?

It's all beautiful - if I had been there I would have been drooling!

hughie
14th July 2009, 10:47 AM
Ed, Well done :2tsup: I can imagine all systems go into over drive, thats a lot of work/finishing in a brief period of time.

Hmm, too bad we dont have to same level of financial appreciation down here in Oz.

Ed Reiss
14th July 2009, 12:09 PM
Lovely work Ed.:2tsup:

What did you use to ebonize the larger hollow forms?

Ed Reiss
14th July 2009, 12:18 PM
Oh my goodness! You are definately deserving of any money you received - these are all BEAUTIFUL!!!

Your display looks wonderful too. Are they bracelets I see?

I love the little white natural edge bowls - they look so fine they remind me of egg shells - broken eggs.

I also like the very eye catching black vessels - are they textured? Burnt?

It's all beautiful - if I had been there I would have been drooling!

Bracelets...yes (maple, cherry, birch, and bubinga)
Not exactly egg shells...they are giant palm ivory nut from Panape, and they make for a damn good substitute for elephants.:wink:

Ed Reiss
14th July 2009, 12:29 PM
RP & Claw Hamma ...this was the only show I bothered applying to this year (compare that with the 10 to 15 a year in the 80's and 90's).

I am going to take it easy and not try to place too much importance on having to do multiple shows each year. Plans right now are to apply to the Great Gulf Coast Art Festival, another juried show that takes place in a beautiful park in Pensacola Florida.
Not this year but for Nov. 2010. We used to live there and it would be neat to visit with friends not seen for many years.

wheelinround
14th July 2009, 01:03 PM
Ed thanks for putting those up well done in the $$$$ game a couple of new chucks in that :U

Now I can see what stuffed the Chuck that Mallee Burl nice work there.:2tsup:

Ray (not Fred :no:)

artme
14th July 2009, 02:42 PM
Great collection of Stuphph there Ed, including the "Beauty".:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

A real variety. That must draw people in?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
14th July 2009, 05:23 PM
Paint!? :oo:

Ed Reiss
14th July 2009, 10:33 PM
Paint!? :oo:

yep :D

Ed Reiss
14th July 2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks to all for the kind comments people....sniff, think I'm gonna cry:roll::D:D:D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
14th July 2009, 10:48 PM
yep :D

Yowsers. You pulled that one off nicely!

Whenever I try to paint things, it tends to end up looking like a Picasso on Acid. :C

Ed Reiss
15th July 2009, 08:04 AM
ALL of Picasso's stuff looks like it was done on acid !!!!!!!

RETIRED
15th July 2009, 09:25 AM
ALL of Picasso's stuff looks like it was done on acid !!!!!!!Not as bad as Dali.:D