PDA

View Full Version : Queenslan Red Cedar

aprilfool
14th July 2009, 11:23 AM
Hello all,

If you were looking to buy some red cedar where would be the first place you looked for it?

I ask because I have a shed full of Queensland Red Cedar that I would like to advertise for sale and am wondering where is the best place to do it.

Superbunny
14th July 2009, 10:20 PM
I always look in the weekend shopper in Saturdays CM. If it's under $500, it's free to advertise it.:D:D

SB

pjt
15th July 2009, 12:46 AM
Hi Aprilfool,
Here is a good place, How much r u asking for a cube? what sort of quality is it? Is it boards or slabs? pics?
Peter

B.O.B.
15th July 2009, 06:21 PM
Aprilfool

I am definitely interested in your cedar. Where are you? I'm on the Sunny Coast. Would I have to buy the whole lot?

B.O.B.

BTman
16th July 2009, 07:54 AM
I am interested too!!! I live in Brisbane on the southside.

aprilfool
16th July 2009, 11:45 PM
Hello again

Though id post some pictures of the cedar. They have been sprayed with water and the tape measure is set at 1m for scale. Please note this is just an example of whats available, it is not the whole lot; just some pretty looking ones from the top.

The cedar is in slabs and boards of varying colour, size and quality. The timber is from two different 100+ year old trees.

As I haven't found out what its worth I cant give a price per cube. But will endeavor to have one by the weekend, (I've been told $10 000/ cube but i want to have the price verified). We are located near Coominya, though it will be a couple of weeks before where ready for inspection as the shed will need a clean for easy access and other things.

aprilfool
16th July 2009, 11:50 PM
Sorry,
Here are the photos, they are saved as a pdf to maintain the photo clarity.

Lumber Bunker
17th July 2009, 02:28 PM
Some good colour there april fool,
Shame all your pics are waney edged and faultly. Still look good though.

we buy straight edged quality boards. Good luck some nice bar top there though.

artme
20th July 2009, 08:59 PM
Very nice pieces there april.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: