PDA

View Full Version : ALRIGHTY!!! Just puttin the call out for...

Wild_Dingo
16th July 2009, 03:33 PM
As many people as possible to keep their eyesockets peeled for a good mobile home for around 30K capable of towing a Prado and has to have a double bed PLUS bunks or a second double for the son otherwise an annexe with a separation for a room for him.
Thinking bus in GOOD NICK or a mitsubishi mazda winibago type cab over thing
Anyone have any hot leads???? (??)
Cheers
Shane

Note! Anyone near Fraser RV in Toowoomba?? Wendy???? hows the other half on deisel motors? theres a bus there that fits the bill from the looks of it... will give them a hoi but would like someone to have a gander before I make the flight or drive over.... cheers!~

Waldo
16th July 2009, 03:46 PM
There are plenty of those colossal suckers cruising the highways with Grey Nomads. Do you want one that comes with inhabitants or without? :D

Welcome back to Oz Dingo. :2tsup:

wheelinround
16th July 2009, 04:35 PM
Welcome back Ding

hope you find what your after :2tsup:

RufflyRustic
16th July 2009, 06:30 PM
Hiya Shane, I'll ask HWMNBO tonight if he can.

cheers
Wendy

Wild_Dingo
17th July 2009, 03:43 AM
Thanks fellas!! Its damned fine to be back too by gar! I mean Americas pretty damned good a place the people are great the foods brilliant and the country side is bloody awesome... but man theres a lot of yanks over there!!! :doh: :U

Seriously it was brilliant just the ticket to get my life sorted and back on track... all goals achieved!!! :2tsup:

That would be brilliant Wendy!!! its this one (http://www.fraserrv.com.au/rvs/257/257.htm) :2tsup:

Dont mind a nice long drive over have had a yarn to young Josh whos never been out of West Aus and hes all for it... will be a great opportunity to show him a good slice of your side of this place eh? :2tsup:

MurrayD99
17th July 2009, 06:12 AM
Heyyyyy! Yer back. Been a while Sire.

Christopha
17th July 2009, 01:56 PM
Gidday ya sawn of excuse for a moustache life support system.
Leave the Prado parked in WA and just buy a cheap long wheel based van of some sort and set up a camp in it. Come East, check out the joint and check out the cheap full on campers. Anyhoo, now yer back from the land of the Septic Tanks yer can relax and come talk to real people.

echnidna
17th July 2009, 02:26 PM
Trouble with a converted bus pulling a trailer with a car on it is lousy fuel consumption. Think of 4 or 5 mpg.

Better off towing a 5th wheeler behind an effie on gas.
The effie is your drive around wheels too.
And you will have far more living room with a decent 5th wheeler as you don't lose the first 6 feet or so to the driving compartment, which is a lot out of a bus.

wheelinround
17th July 2009, 02:46 PM
:no: Ding don't by that one you showed Wendy you'll regret it

Noisey up front inside cab motor easy to work on some times, parts now APIA to get

Wild_Dingo
18th July 2009, 02:39 AM
helpfull bunch of buggars arent yer! :doh: :q :U Now I dont mind "helpfull suggestions" and "donts" but man if yer gotta do it show me an alternative!!! :;

I like room... I have to live in this for at least 12 months WITH my 14 year old sprog both of us have gear (think guitars computers bikes clothes tools etc) we must have and space we need hence looking at a larger type "home"... now Im up for ideas on spacial area usage but I cant see me and my young fella being even remotely happy in a small unit... and I dont want to break the bank (did you note the finance up there echidna ol son?? I havent seen a 5th wheeler with or without a effy for less than 100K and thats a long way from what Im hoping to allocate for this... dont intend to put all me eggs in one basket... I can go a little higher simply dont want to as its my nest egg I will then be raiding)

Anyway the age was one of the bothering points with that one Wheelin ol mate... Im starting to get that horrid feeling Im back to the old original idea of buying a sodding bus and doing it up?... maybe get or someone to do the basics of the wiring and gas fittings and do the rest as I wander along... damned if I bloody know!!

All I know is
1) I cant live down here PERIOD
2) Josh and I intend to live in Broome
3) The cheepest best way to live in Broome is either caravan or mobile home

so ideas mates IDEAS!!!... dont just swat me out of the water without showing a liferaft eh? :doh:

Gidday yer dopey numbnutted bald headed drop bear Chris! :2tsup:

masoth
18th July 2009, 04:14 AM
Welcome back, young fella. I note with some interest that you haven't started writing with a 'merican accent - that's good.:2tsup:

soth

RETIRED
18th July 2009, 11:30 AM
Ding, join the CMCA. They have a good market place on their site. www.cmca.net.au (http://www.cmca.net.au)

Their insurance also is the cheapest for the best coverage.

wheelinround
19th July 2009, 11:23 AM
Might have to dig up that old thread

Here's an old friends yard Ding

http://jeffnance.rvpoint.com.au/portal/tabID__205322/DesktopDefault.aspx

Did I notice Ding has had to start as New Member again :doh: forgot your PW and sign in eh Ding :;:roll:

Ok price is your biggest hurdle and staring from scratch building and renovating takes time.

1 Front engine is noisy usually no luggage storage bins some had/have a rear boot

2 Under floor is good but can be noisy and APIA to work on as access is from outside and through the floor. leaves little room for side storage may have rear boot for storage

3 Rear engine easier to work on usually gives a flat floor all but the rear section

Breaks should be full air many older Bedfords and Mercs pre mid 70's were hydrologic or air of hydrologic some operators who were keen did do conversions to full air.

Unless your extremely lucky and find a decent Merc (http://jeffnance.rvpoint.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?ItemID=2889110&TabID=205322), MAN or a Scania or Volvo for a decent price with big bins thee are fuel savers where as GM's gussel it.

Buzza
19th July 2009, 09:06 PM
Welcome back W.D. I hope yiou find what ya' looking for Mate. Alas, a cheap diesel is something most of us dream about. Diesel Doctors have meters attached to their tool boxes. :oo:

Ramps
20th July 2009, 12:17 AM
Ding me mate ... wherethehellareyou now?
Good to hear from you.
Good to hear all's back on track
Building's going well... great fun
talk soon :2tsup:

RufflyRustic
20th July 2009, 10:56 PM
Hiya Ding!

HWMNBO will be going over to check it out later this week sometime He said, "I will run my extensive mechanical eye over it" :D

cheers
Wendy

kekemo
20th July 2009, 11:18 PM
Dingo... if you intend travelling around WA I suggest you start building an ARK......

Wild_Dingo
21st July 2009, 01:06 AM
Hiya Ding!

HWMNBO will be going over to check it out later this week sometime He said, "I will run my extensive mechanical eye over it" :D

cheers
Wendy

:U :U hahaha... actually... if he so pleases would you ask him to cast a wary yet jaundiced eyesocket over the yellow Mazda E2700 while hes at it?? :;

I wandered up to Golden Bay on Friday and had a gander at a Bedford the wally wanted 35K for which I wouldnt have offered him 1K for... what a bucket of utter shyte!! :~ so then I wandered up to Harvey yesty morning to have a gander at a Hino bus up there but it had disappeared so I turned around and flogged off down to Albany where there was a Hino as well... mmm interesting old thing... nothing inside was bolted or screwed down the steering had an "interesting" sound effect when you moved the wheel the auto gearbox had an "incredibly" musical discharge when attempting to put it into any gear other than Nuetral... oh but the motor ran sweetly if a little puff puff side but at 70K I walked away

I'll wander down to Capel tomorrow and have a gander at a 25ft van and if need be I'll upgrade the Prado on a full size toy and that should do the trick... driving me knuts what people think these things are "worth" over here!! peices of crap that should never be on the road for 35 - 70K??? :~

Anyway that would be a treat thanks Wendy!! See I TOLD YOU your ol man wasnt bad... for a genetically modified mechanical drone!! :U :U

Kerry the more this goes on the more that bloody big yacht in Darwin appeals!! :roll: But brother what a major learning curve for both me an Josh that will be!!! :B :;

Hey Ramps hows it goin young fella? Hows the missus and nippers? All good healthy and full of grins and cheek I hope! :2tsup:

Ramps
22nd July 2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah all's well here for all and sundry
If you are crusing on the w/e down argyle way and feel like dropping in on "the project" give us a yell. do you still have my mobile # if not pm me and I will get it to you. Saturday Morn isn't good but any other time ... but hey no pressure. We'd love hear of your travels.

I'd love to be hitting the rd again ... might have to wait for a couple more years for us ... got a house to build in the mean time

Cheers mate

Burnsy
22nd July 2009, 01:25 AM
Great to hear your back on track Ding, enjoyed reading your US musings, good on ya:2tsup:

RufflyRustic
22nd July 2009, 10:43 PM
yellow mazda 2700 - Noted and added to his list.

cheers
Wendy

Wild_Dingo
14th August 2009, 08:05 PM
yellow mazda 2700 - Noted and added to his list.

cheers
Wendy

Thanks Wendy

BUT!!

I wandered up to Broome the other week and had pretty much decided that a roadtrip to Tooowwooomba would be the go so had settled in for a nice holiday with my youngest son my brother and younger sis and her boy and his family when I spotted this park home setup for sale... mmm fair price for Broome... in other words less than 100K... went and had a gander a good chat to the sheila selling it then wandered up to see the park owner and have a yarn... soooo I wander back and ask her what her lowest price was and she gives it so I say I'll give you a hoi in an hour or so to let you know... no probs says she

A few hours later I rang her back made an offer that was near on 20K less than her lowest price she comes back quick as a flash with a counter offer just 3k over what I offered and WHAM I OWN A PARK HOME IN BROOME!!!

Whahooooooo!!! :2tsup: Gotta love it :;

So again thanks people!
Shane

oooh and I traded the Prado in as well.. thinking I would need something with a bit of grunt if I ended up getting a bloody great caravan I traded her up on a nice full blown GXL whacketty dak Landcruiser!! ooooh the comfort... oooh the space... ooooh the luxury... ooh geez Im spoilt this breakup should have happened years ago!!! :doh: LIFE IS GOOD!!! :2tsup: :;

RufflyRustic
14th August 2009, 08:10 PM
Photos!!!!!! I wanna photo :p:wink::D:D:D:D:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Congrats Shane!! :D:2tsup:

cheers
Wendy

PS the ones here in Toowoomba were pretty much no goers anyway....

Ramps
16th August 2009, 10:44 PM
And you thought it was difficult sourcing machinery in Brunswick!:doh: Boy are you in for a surprise :o.

And how big is the shed:U

I'll be there tomorrow

Cheers

jmk89
7th September 2009, 05:12 PM
Anyone heard anything from Shane since 14 August?

kekemo
8th September 2009, 11:17 AM
Glad someone else is little concerned...
Ditto
However there's been NO major earth moving disturbances or climatic phenomena’s in our NW.... so guessing he's still OK....

Must admit little worried he'll want to pick up that parkhome & put it on a barge .... or tow it south when the rain up there hits....

Shivers ....'Dingo with a private ARK...' :2tsup: could you imagine that!
I'm hoping he's got the scent of something little more refined... a blonde beach babe perhaps.... 'cause darn sure there's not much WOOD up there.... just worried about the size of the machinery he's now going to be amongst... everything up north is huge...
Can you just picture his stories now!!!!! WOW ....
Broome is probably in shock!

Yes... please if anyone hears let us all know.... little worried he didn't call in for his goodbye cuppa....
Miss the devil....
Guess we're all too fond of the bugger!
EARTH CALLING SHANE ????
COME IN SHANE ????

:doh::~:C:doh:

jmk89
8th September 2009, 11:31 AM
I see from his profile that Shane (or someone using his user id and password) did check in to look at the Forums on 31 August.