PDA

View Full Version : A trip to Tassie

corbs
16th July 2009, 09:47 PM
Hey all... I am heading South with my boys on Sat and taking a friend with me for the drive. Catching the ferry across (and the trailer is following us:;). Basic itinerary is as follows:

Sat 18 Jul - Ferry down
Sun 19 Jul - Devonport
Mon 20 Jul - Launceston
Tue 21 Jul - Port Arthur/Hobart
Wed 22 Jul - Hobart
Thu 23 Jul - Strahan (stop at the wall on the way:2tsup:)
Fri 24 Jul - Burnie
Sat 25 Jul - Table Mountain/Ferry home

Have a few woodmills on the list to visit and a couple of wineries:;. Probably won't get an opportunity to visit people as I will have the kids and a friend in tow but if there are any must see's in there please let me know and I will try to add them to the list of things to do.

Corbs

Cliff Rogers
16th July 2009, 09:50 PM
You know what they say about Tassie & the one pace open order march.... don't fall off the edge. :2tsup:

corbs
17th July 2009, 10:12 AM
I have visited Tassie quite a few times on previous postings but the furthest out of Hobart I got was a ride up Mt Wellington:rolleyes: (saw the inside of a few nice pubs though:2tsup:).

Cliff Rogers
17th July 2009, 12:00 PM
....(saw the inside of a few nice pubs though:2tsup:).
The New Sydney in Hobart on a Saturday arvo is good. :2tsup:
About 2 in the arvo the place fills with musos.
You have to like Celtic stuff though.

corbs
17th July 2009, 12:46 PM
Red Lion used to be a laugh for the uninitiated:rolleyes:... one of the best nights I have ever had out was at Knopwoods in Salamanca:2tsup:... nice easy stumbling distance back to the ship (usually)

terry arnold
17th July 2009, 05:48 PM
Corbs
A trip out to the TAHUNE AIR WALK is worth a look and its only about 90 minutes out of Hobart in the Huon Valley down through Geeveston and if time permits Geeveston has some pretty good carvings doted around the town.

Hope you enjoy your trip and the weather is kind.

Cheers Terry

Carry Pine
18th July 2009, 09:48 PM
The Arts/ crafts gallery in Launceston is worth a look for woodwork type inspiration.
Grab a few of those cheap scraps of Huon pine at Stahan. They are great to have around for inlays etc.

Graham

corbs
26th July 2009, 06:10 PM
Back home... some Blackwood (venners and boards), myrtle boards, Sassy (slab & board) and Huon (bowl blanks) followed me home:2tsup: Missed out on a few mills due to my oversight and another couple that were closed when I didn't expect them to be closed:-... guess I have a reason for another visit down the track:;